Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just picked up a '62 lark wagon, planning on gettin' it goin'. i have a couple of other old american cars and couldn't resist this car. i was looking for a wagon for a while and fell for this one. so, i thought i'd check in, introduce myself and my project. hope to learn some things here.
    nic

Welcome aboard, Nic. We'll try our best to answer any questions you might have about your wagon. I just gave a 62 to a fellow Stude fan in Texas. They're neat cars alright - I've just got too many projects and I wanted that '62 to go to a good home.
    How's yours equipped - 6 or 8 - stick or auto? Do tell. What town in Nor Cal are you near? I'm in cental Cal.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome Nic! I'm glad we got to meet ya! I'm sure that you'll get all the help you can stand here. [^] Any more information about, or pictures of, your new baby? Oh, like Charlie says, ya can't have just one!

Sonny
      Sonny
      http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

it 'had' an overhead 6 with manual o/d trans. however, due to logistics and after much debate the motor was pulled and an sbc is being fitted. don't hate me for this, it was a last resort. anywho, thanks for the welcome.oh, i'm in sonoma county.
        nic

Comment

No problem nic, it's your car, your choice. Just glad that another Stude is gonna be runnin' the roads again. It's actually an easy switch, and can be done so a Stude engine can drop right back in it. You can drive it while you look for a better Stude engine.

Sonny
          Sonny
          http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Make sure you join a SDC Chapter and go to meetings.
            Ask the right questions and you get loads of info and tips.

sumf

Comment

Hey nic. By any chance is it this wagon...

I sold this '62 OHV 6 cyl stick OD a couple of years ago.

-Dick-
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
              X