This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cars!!!!! w/ PICS!!!!!!

Well I struck gold!!! I placed an ad for studebaker stuff and got a call about "2 old studies in a barn". well I ended up buying both for $2000. now heres the kicker: Ones a '59 lark that saw drag duty in the 60's and has a Tornado floor shifter, and still has some 7" bias ply slicks out back. The other is an all original '53 starliner hardtop that only has rust in one spot on the floor. Im so excited I can hardly explain. here are some pics as they sit. will have them home soon.

BARN FRESH!!!!

Hot dang! BOTH hardtops! Whew, I'm jealous! Hell, you got me excited too! I can hardly wait for more pics and info. [] Congrats Gasser!

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Man Gasser, you must live in California and have a golden horseshoe.
      If I ran an ad like around here, the only thing I would find are cars where half of them have returned to the earth .<G>

Good Job!!!!!

Comment

Actually I live in Orygun um I mean oregon.

Comment

There are still jackpots to be found in the proverbial lovely old barns! It's no wonder I twist my neck every time I drive by one...and no wonder I miss them around here! My wife just sighs. CONGRATS!!!!on the find you lucky feller!!!![8D][][^][)]

Stuff:
          1941 M15...retirement project
          1953 2R11... daily ride
          2001 F-350 Super Duty Lariat to haul it all..
          1989 Caprice Classic Brougham
          Sexy! 67' John Deere 112H

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

Man Gasser, you must live in California and have a golden horseshoe.
            If I ran an ad like around here, the only thing I would find are cars where half of them have returned to the earth .<G>

Good Job!!!!!
            Tooo funny Charlie, 'cause that's EXACTLY what I would find too! We have the same luck! [] Gasser made out like a BIG dawg!

Sonny
            Sonny

Comment

And it's a tri-star car too! what a find!

nate

--
              62 Daytona hartop
              64 Daytona convertible (in boxes)
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

That's some find in that early '53 Starliner. It even has at least one 1953 ONLY wheelcover. I would prefer a Commander to a Champion, but that can be fixed <G>.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Cool! Cool! Cool! Shades of the 53 Commander I unearthed last May! Only I had to pay $2K for ONE car!

I've actualy toyed with the idea of running such an ad in the local Thrifty Nickel ad paper. I'm partly afraid of the respones I might get! [:0]

I was standing in the back yard yesterday when the power co. meter-reader came around to read our meter. He said to me: "Boy, that's a cool truck you got there. (He'd stopped to admire my Transtar parked out front) Then he says, there's a couple Stude trucks that I see on my route each month. Like I need to know about any MORE that need saving! ------ Of course, I DID get some info as to where they set. [^]
                  I've also got a 61 Lark hardtop to check out, next time I go up to Fresno. It's just sitting and it's for sale.[xx(]

Miscreant at large.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well go look at the danged Lark will ya? I hate sitting around with my tongue hanging out! []

Sonny
                    Sonny

Comment

Working...
                    X