This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 2R 6 transmission

I recently bought a '52 2R 6 on Ebay. The truck is stock, runs good and according to what I have read should have an AS4-T90B 3 speed transmission with overdrive. Is this the same base T90 that was used in the Jeep? I know the gear ratio is different and most Jeeps had a top shifter but are the base parts like bearings, syncros and seals the same? Also the transmission pops out of 2nd gear if I coast while in 2nd. Any ideas what may be causing this?

I believe it was fundamentally the same, although the input shaft and retainer are likely different. I think you can swap a Jeep floor shifter on, if that's where you were going with that question, although it's not quite as simple as just bolting it on.

Popping out of gear - check your motor mounts first, then worry about the tranny internals.

good luck,

nate

--
    62 Daytona hartop
    64 Daytona convertible (in boxes)
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I'm not looking to put a floor shifter in it. As parts seem to be plentiful for the Jeep T90 I wanted to know if I can use the same internal parts. Can you recommend a Stude vendor that would have T90 parts? I do get some grinding when going into 2nd and 3rd and more so when it is warmed up. I don't know if it's a mal-adjusted clutch or if the transmission is in need of a rebuild.

Thanks for the response. I will check the mounts.

Comment

Working...
      X