PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Misc. Lark Parts

n/a
12-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Hiya,
Just got my new "baby" home(1959 lark 2-door, with 259 with auto tranny). Pretty nice car, runs really well (though rad leaks), I need to do brakes and alot of tinkering on it, but its a nice solid car. Thought I'd post want for a few parts I need. If you have some of the following and want to part with it at a reasonable price email me.
Need:
one door armrest
horn button
VIII chrome that fits on trunk
3 preferably full hubcaps
oil filter assembly the type that fits on breather tube

Thanks & Merry Christmas,
Kent Fedor, rchomestead1@tucker-usa.com
Age 20, SDC member, Reed City, Michigan

n/a
12-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh I forgot. I should mention that the horn button I need I think is the 61 and later style as the sheel has been changed.
Thanks,
Kent Fedor

Sonny
12-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Very best place to get the stuff that you listed, (if someone can't help ya from their stash), is the York swap meet, coming up this spring. Otherwise, Studebaker International has everything. BUT, (and not tryin' to kill a sale for Ed), I gotta tell ya that the horn buttons and full caps are plentiful and cheap. If I needed the VIII script I would just buy that right from SI.

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

n/a
12-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Sonny. I doubt I'd make it to york though. too far of a drive. I will be at South Bend sawp in the spring probally though.
Kent

arkiejazz
12-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Hey Kent, I think MrBiggs has alot of that stuff you need

steve blake

Roscomacaw
12-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Right you are Steve. I told Kent I'd look thru my stuff. I'm very disorganized but I have a fair idea where everything is in the mix.
I also told Kent that all Stude horn emblems will fit - from '57 thru '66 with the exceptions of Avanti and some large truck buttons. He has a wide latitude of buttons to choose from but the '59 Larks actualy used the black button with the silver Hawk emblem in it. Same as had been used on some earlier Hawks.[^]

Miscreant at large.

Roscomacaw
12-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Kent,

I found the stuff you asked about. Does your engine have the aluminum oil filler neck or is it, cast iron?[?]

Miscreant at large.

n/a
12-28-2004, 12:59 AM
I think its Alumium, but I'll check tomorrow to be sure...

By the way do you have one door sill plate (2 door), and a auto trans shifter indicator dial (plexiglass that pops into the chrome housing says " P-N-D-L-R"? I think I forgot to put those in my list of wants.

Its albolutely great to be a part of the Studebaker group...out of all the collectors orginazations I've been a part of I've never found one to be as helpful as SDC...thanks:)

Kent

n/a
12-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Just checked, and it is aluminum. Thanks, Kent

Roscomacaw
12-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Kent, I've replied to you via E-mail. [^]

Miscreant at large.

n/a
12-28-2004, 01:19 PM
seems your email got eaten....I've been having alot of problems with my isp email recently. For the time being my email is: rchomestead1@hotmail.com

Kenr