PDA

View Full Version : TW's for prospects

arkiejazz
12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Ok, here's a question for you guys....There are a couple of people here in town who recently acquired Studes. I would like to give them a copy of Turning Wheels and invite them to join SDC. I can't bring myself to give away any of my TW's, so what to do?

steve blake

Roscomacaw
12-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Hit me up for some extra issues I have. [^]

Miscreant at large.

studegary
12-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Using Turning Wheels for recruiting is an excellent idea, but please be sure that they are new enough to have the current membership information/address in them.

Sonny
12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Does the SDC have "give aways" Gary? Mebbe it would be a good idea to have something like a "mini" TW mag with a full page SDC application in it. ;)

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

lvanw
12-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I'll volunter some TW's if some one will pick them up.
they came in my 60 lark
John

Sam Roberts
12-07-2004, 08:08 AM
Gary, that is a good point, but most of us will not let go of the recent issues, unless we have spares. Actually, if the party is interested in joining SDC, any of us can point them in that direction. Having said that, I would hope anyone with the interest would be actively seeking that out anyway.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/ is the link

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Using Turning Wheels for recruiting is an excellent idea, but please be sure that they are new enough to have the current membership information/address in them.

Sam Roberts

Roscomacaw
12-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Having considered Gary's mention that a prospect get recent membership info, I intend to copy the membership page of a recent TW and include it in each TW I have for handout. The plus side of this is that the recipient won't have to dice up a TW to get the subscription form.;)

Miscreant at large.

studegary
12-07-2004, 05:18 PM
SDC has a recruiting brochure that gives information on Studebaker/SDC and includes a membership application. The item is called "What's it all About?" You can get a reasonable supply of them from your Zone Coordinater (who should get them from the SDC VP). They can be handed out or left on the windshield of a Studebaker. I find it useful to show prospects a sample Turning Wheels so that they can see the quality of the magazine that they will receive. Like most, I keep my issues and don't hand them out. I also believe that it is a nice practice for those selling Studebakers to non-members to include the first year of SDC membership with the purchase. Many are doing this.

sumf
12-14-2004, 12:57 PM
[quote]Originally posted by studegary

SDC has a recruiting brochure that gives information on Studebaker/SDC and includes a membership application. The item is called "What's it all About?"

True, snd it's great for background, but a TW will impress the hell out of them.