This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEEDED:53 champ front grill chrome trim

IN need of:1953 OR 1954 front grill chrome trim that goes around the front grill openings. The chrome bars that go across I need also,but not as bad as I need the chrome trim that goes around the opening...Please respond to this message with info on how I can contact you if you have some for sale....thanks

You're searching for the "Holy Grail" of postwar Stude parts. The shells and the bars are both tough to find. If you watch ebay, you'll see them come up occassionaly. Not often tho and rarely as a pair or set. Be CAREFUL you don't jump on any grille shells for a same year sedan. They LOOK the same at a glance - but they will not fit. The bars ARE the same as for sedans, the shells are not.
    Also, if you don't mind a few bolt holes, you could use the grille shells from a 54 coupe/hardtop. They have 3 holes in the lower edge to secure the 54-style bars to. The 54 bars ARE different between sedan and coupe/hardtop.
    There's a vendor who has reproduced the shells. E-mail me if you want a contact #. He get's $800.00 a pair for them!
    I sure wish someone would reproduce these items in fibreglass. These and the 55 grille pieces as well. There's lots of folks that would be happy with some they could paint!

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
    X