PDA

View Full Version : Champ Club Cab

arkiejazz
11-29-2004, 12:13 PM
I almost bought this Champ Club Cab 2 years ago. If it had been Studebaker powered, I would have gone ahead and pulled the trigger. A very very nicely done Cab on a 3/4 ton Chassis. Does anyone know where it is now? It would be very good for a pattern. I don't think anyone could object to taking an otherwise hopeless Champ project and turning it in to something like this, especially if Studebaker running gear was utilized.
http://tinyurl.com/5d37q

steve blake

Roscomacaw
11-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Whoever engineered that mod, really had a good "eye" for such. While I could do without the running boards, the rest of the truck is nicely porportioned.
Of course, the engine selection is a disappointment - but to each their own.[|)]

Miscreant at large.

arkiejazz
11-30-2004, 04:29 PM
I totally agree....the running boards would have to go, and the powerplant would definitely HAD to be a tweaked 289

steve blake

HUB
11-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks for sharing these pics. That project was a job well done by someone. I'd like to put that truck to work with my business name on the door!:) The running boards would go and I'd change the colour to dark green. A nice example of another "might have been" Stude. Does anyone know if Studebaker ever had a club cab concept in the works?
Cheers, HUB

Roscomacaw
11-30-2004, 10:51 PM
No, HUB, they didn't have any such thing in the plans. I don't think there was such a thing by anyone at that point in time. Studebaker DID commission a one-off dual cab truck by Armbruster based on the C-cab body. That example still exists. I believe it's on a 1ton chassis.;)

Miscreant at large.

studegary
12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Yes, Bob, the Studebaker crew cab is a 1963 one ton (8E15-155). It is powered by a three cylinder Detroit Diesel engine. The truck resides in the late Asa Hall's collection. Many years ago, I saw it in use.