This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Club Cab

I almost bought this Champ Club Cab 2 years ago. If it had been Studebaker powered, I would have gone ahead and pulled the trigger. A very very nicely done Cab on a 3/4 ton Chassis. Does anyone know where it is now? It would be very good for a pattern. I don't think anyone could object to taking an otherwise hopeless Champ project and turning it in to something like this, especially if Studebaker running gear was utilized.

steve blake

Whoever engineered that mod, really had a good "eye" for such. While I could do without the running boards, the rest of the truck is nicely porportioned.
    Of course, the engine selection is a disappointment - but to each their own.[|)]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I totally agree....the running boards would have to go, and the powerplant would definitely HAD to be a tweaked 289

steve blake
      steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
      http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Thanks for sharing these pics. That project was a job well done by someone. I'd like to put that truck to work with my business name on the door! The running boards would go and I'd change the colour to dark green. A nice example of another "might have been" Stude. Does anyone know if Studebaker ever had a club cab concept in the works?
        Cheers, HUB

Comment

No, HUB, they didn't have any such thing in the plans. I don't think there was such a thing by anyone at that point in time. Studebaker DID commission a one-off dual cab truck by Armbruster based on the C-cab body. That example still exists. I believe it's on a 1ton chassis.

Miscreant at large.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, Bob, the Studebaker crew cab is a 1963 one ton (8E15-155). It is powered by a three cylinder Detroit Diesel engine. The truck resides in the late Asa Hall's collection. Many years ago, I saw it in use.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X