PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Fuel Injection

mjeansonne
11-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Has anyone ever installed a throttle body fuel injection on a Studebaker 259 V-8? I am considering this using G.M. V-6 set-up. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas or instructions? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Roscomacaw
11-28-2004, 09:59 PM
It has been done.

Miscreant at large.

Kdancy
11-29-2004, 06:52 AM
I to would be interested in doing this. Or even better adapting a rail type fuel injection set up to the Stude V8. I bet a 232 or 259 with fuel injection,electronic ignition and overdrive trans would be a real good gas miliage vehicle.

53commander HDTP
53 Champion HDTP
64 Champ long bed V8
64 GT

mjeansonne
11-29-2004, 07:38 AM
KDANCY;

You're right, it would make a rather fuel efficient vehicle. I want to first do this to my 259 v-8 Champ. I plan on putting an automatic 700r4 overdrive transmission as well as electronic ignition. I can't operate a clutch with my left leg (amputated) anymore, so this is the only way I can continue to drive my truck. Fuel injection seems like a natural evolution too! Hope I can find and talk to someone who has done this before. If not, I'll report on how it turns out.

whacker
11-29-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm looking at fuel injection as well, but I want to try it with a M-112 supercharger from the F*rd H-D pickup. I'm looking at this website:
http://home.earthlink.net/~jcgebhart/msindex.html
for ideas. If anybody can point me to some other places, I'd be interested!

J

Dan White
11-30-2004, 08:57 PM
You might try this guy:http://www.customefis.com/ He is building a TBI for my 1979 J20 Jeep Pickup. He is a bit slow but knows what he is doing and will only build them with a O2 sensor feedback loop. He can also sell you the parts and plans to do your own thing. I would steer clear of the Holley Projection units, I have heard few that were happy with the results. If you are going to do a forced air setup the TBI is not the way to go. TBI uses a throttle position sensor to set the amount of fuel being dumped into the intake, with some help from the O2 sensor. The super or turbo charger can force a over lean condition pretty quickly and potentially burn up your engine. A carb can do this due to the way it meters fuel due to the air flow. You could do a port injection with forced air since it uses several sensors in the air path to determine the mixture.

Dan White
64 R1 GT