This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New STUDEBAKER radios

I just got my new Studebaker Spectra AM FM stereo radio - turntable shipped to me today . So cool !!...turned out to be the same color green as my Champ truck !....they'll go good together Its advertised on the SDC site and are available through certain Target stores. We went to Reedsville last weekend and I sent my wife on a mission to search these out but it turned out that only the Target Super Stores have them . So when we got home we ordered it through Amazon .com , same price as the stores. If anyone is interested in any of these Studebaker radios try Amazon.....a word to the wise....check the prices on there because someone is scamming us on ebay with them almost doubling the price I have noticed the ebay price is $30 for what you can buy for $19.99 ....nice guy eh

Cool! I'm gonna check 'em out. Thanks for the pricing info too Bob!

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

I bought a pair of the AM-FM-CD units at the Target store in Bellingham, WA, for 39.95 each.

I was playing one of them in the shop tonight. The FM tuning is VERY touchy. You have to move the knob just a tiny increment to zero in a station, and there is some backlash in the mechanism, so you have to overshoot the mark a bit, and let it spring back. User-friendly, it's not. And the bandswitch, AM-FM-FMstereo is very flimsy, feels like it will fall off at the slightest provocation.

To top it off, there is a loud background hiss while on FM, and the sound quality is uh, poor. The cool factor is right up there, though

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

They're two-tone and chrome. That's where the comparison to Studebaker ends. They're basically a Yugo in 50s trim.[xx(]

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Kind of cheesy cheap plastic thingies, but they are cute.
          Makes a better knicknack shelf object than a radio.
          They must be selling pretty well, as they are not in stock at most of the stores when I look there out of curiosity.

I'm holding out for the Studebaker DVD player <lol>
          Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
          '61 Hawk
          '37 Coupe Express
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have a couple of these just because they say "Studebaker" on them. I confess to using the little "Weather radio" in the garage when I'm out there. The tuner sensitivity and preciseness is about on par with Studebaker rustproofing. Thank god, a real Studebaker performs way much better'n these trinkets.
            Is there ANYTHING of real substance that's made in the USA anymore? What with vendors (out of necessity - I understand that) going "offshore" to have repro parts made, it seems kinda hollow to brag about your all-american Studebaker when you know in your heart it has stuff from Hwong-Din Injection Molded Works in Hunan province!
            Heh - I've got a radio from a 55 Stude that someone converted to a "table-top" model somewhere along the way. Of course, it's only AM but it plays (well, it used to anyway) with darned good fidelity comapred to this cutesy stuff. The only reason I've not kept the table-top thing alive (I think it only needs it's vibrator kicked to life) is that the wood case that it's "creator" crafted is hideously offensive to the eyes! Maybe in my spare time (as soon as I croak!) I'll make a nice wooden cabinet and adorn it with a real Studebaker namescript.
            Wonder how hard it would be to convert it's vacuum-tube amplification to work in unison with satellite radio reception???

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well I just posted that they were available....I didn't say they were any good ...but they are kind of neat and they will make a great conversation piece thats for sure. I mainly bought mine so I had something to play these old Studebaker 45 rpm records that I have accumulated......" The Lark , The Lark .....This is the year of the Lark " .......its a good thing the Studebakers built vehicles...if they started recording in 1852 they surely would have gone out of business in a hurry .....<G>
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
              X