This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie here

I just discovered this forum so I thought I'd check in and say "hey".

I've been a member of the SDC for about 14 years now, and have been the owner of a 60 Hawk for the past 10.
    I was born and raised in South Bend, just a couple miles from the plant. I went back to visit a couple weeks ago, and shot some pics of what's left of the complex. I read in the South Bend Tribune that during the first quarter of 2005, demolition will begin on the remaining buildings.
    That's enough for now, I'm beginning to ramble on............

Welcome home Keith! This is a new feature on the SDC site, and I think it's gonna be a GREAT thing for all of us. I'm seeing more and more people joining in every day. We've been having a ball. Hope it's as much fun and informative for you as it's been for me.

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I also own a 60 Hawk. Take a look.http://community.webshots.com/user/60studehawk
      Have fun.
      Jeff
      Jeff Sheaffer
      Driving the past into the future

Comment

Welcome to the SDC place! How about sharing your pics of the old plant buildings? It's a shame some are going down but it's also inevitable since no one's stepped in to put them back in use.
        Hey! You're not "Rambling", you're sharing your first-hand experiences with us and we love it! Ramble on!

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If I knew how to post pictures, I would.
          Over the years, most of the factory buildings have had some kind of business in them, but you have to remember that most of these buildings were built before 1925 and contain hundreds of thousands of square feet. It would take a major business to use enough space in them to keep them economically viable. It's kinda spooky walking around these buildings though, knowing what activity went on there for many years, and now being there when they're abandoned and silent. You can almost feel their ghosts.[8)]

Comment

Hi there ...good to see new blood here. I don't have a '60 Hawk but I do have a '60 Champ and a ' 60 Lark....hope to see your car sometime
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Hi there ...good to see new blood here. I don't have a '60 Hawk but I do have a '60 Champ and a ' 60 Lark....hope to see your car sometime
              And BOTH of them damn nice too, (if I do say so myself)! Bob is too much of a gentleman to tell you that his Lark is a "Calendar Girl"! [8D] You can see it in the "Mad Doodler's" new 2005 Studebaker calendar. BTW, ya GOTTA have that calendar fellas, it's ALWAYS great!

Sonny
              Sonny
              http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Sonny.....and don't for get to make those weekend trips to the north this winter...we usually have less snow <g> and good beer too ....damn !
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                X