PDA

View Full Version : Colors

sweetcraft
11-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Just getting started with 57 Silver Hawk. Water pump on order but what are the colors under the hood? Engine, air cleaner, engine compartment are now silver. Dad liked silver spray and everything is silver under the hood. Have all the hoses off for replacement so this is the time to refinish. Have started sanding and can't see just what it was at first. Thanks for any help. Jim

Have the Silver Hawk and have to go through it to be sure it will be safe to use on the road. Have it in my garage now and it looks real good.

Sonny
11-05-2004, 01:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by sweetcraft

Just getting started with 57 Silver Hawk. Water pump on order but what are the colors under the hood? Engine, air cleaner, engine compartment are now silver. Dad liked silver spray and everything is silver under the hood. Have all the hoses off for replacement so this is the time to refinish. Have started sanding and can't see just what it was at first. Thanks for any help. Jim

Have the Silver Hawk and have to go through it to be sure it will be safe to use on the road. Have it in my garage now and it looks real good.

I believe that the engine block should be silver, the rest of the engine accessories, (pulleys, valve covers, air cleaner, top power steering cover, etc.), should be black. The engine compartment should be body color with the firewall having a liberal coat of undercoating.

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

sweetcraft
11-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks for more good info. I will work on the car this winter for a spring drive down to the coffee shop for all the folks who saw it just when it came home. Will have the painting of each part as I work them over. Jim S