PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help

Donnie
10-29-2004, 09:51 PM
OK you have talked me into trying to keep my 51 stock. Now is there anywhere on the web that can help me identify some of the switches and wires under the hood? It is very clean and simple for the most part but there are some cut wires and some relay looking things I cant figure out. I try to think of myself as somewhat machanically inclined but this is my first attempt at something this old and it is blowing my mind.
Thanks for any help and I promise I won't be a pain in the butt for very long.

Sam Roberts
10-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Donnie,

Your best 1st move is get the shop manuals for your car. Richard Quinn, in Illinois should be able to help you. His email is Rtq11@aol.com and he is reasonable on prices. Also, Studebaker International, in Greenfield, Indiana should have reprints of them.
Their address is:
Studebaker International Inc.
97 North 150 West
Greenfield, Indiana
46140-8562
1-317-462-3124

I think they have manuals on CDs too, but do not know if they are as good as the books are.

quote:Originally posted by Donnie

OK you have talked me into trying to keep my 51 stock. Now is there anywhere on the web that can help me identify some of the switches and wires under the hood? It is very clean and simple for the most part but there are some cut wires and some relay looking things I cant figure out. I try to think of myself as somewhat machanically inclined but this is my first attempt at something this old and it is blowing my mind.
Thanks for any help and I promise I won't be a pain in the butt for very long.

Sam Roberts

Mike
10-30-2004, 02:54 PM
https://www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/parts/html/images/51-wire.jpg
They have a very complete set of wiring diagrams.
Mike