This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Luggage

I went and looked at the Studebaker luggage today and bought it. I got if for a very good price. Take a look. Can any one tell me what year it may be from?

WOW! That luggage is neater than sneakers Jeff! I'm glad that you "rescued" the them, no tellin' what might have happened to them. I dunno what year it might be from, but if there's any mfgr's tags or names, etc, I'm sure you can find a collector of such things to date them for ya. I'm thinking that they were pretty early, I hope they are. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Reedsville! Thanks a million for the pics!

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Compared to the pics of the ' 52 luggage I have , I'd have to say these you have are pre war for sure.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thy old gentleman I got them from said they belonged to his father who owned his Studebaker back in the 30's. I'm pretty sure they are very early ones. It looks like they may have been fitted for the trunk on the rear of the car. They are in real nice shape considering their age.
        Jeff Sheaffer
        Driving the past into the future

Comment

By the way. The only name or tag on the luggage is on the locks. It says Bassett.
          Jeff Sheaffer
          Driving the past into the future

Comment

Working...
          X