This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need wiper motor

I need a wiper motor for a 63 Avanti. If not available is there someone who rebuilds them?

This isn't much help probably but the early Dodge 100 vans (They had a very simple one-piece flat glass windshield.)used the exact same wiper motor and same basic switch. I've managed to find a few in wrecking yards over the years.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[)]The Studebaker Avanti and the early Avanti II's up through RQA models share the same wiper motor.
      The numbers stamped on the body are Prestolite
      EPV 4001 g12v
      T 2
      The guts of this motor are the same as used on a 1962 Chrysler Imperial 1962 300, newport, new yorhers,my 300 rotted out in boston and my frend peter used my moter in his 63 avanti all you have to do is tack the chysler arm off and put the stude one on they come up on ebay once in a while email me if you like [8D]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avanti1982

[)]The Studebaker Avanti and the early Avanti II's up through RQA models share the same wiper motor.
        The numbers stamped on the body are Prestolite
        EPV 4001 g12v
        T 2
        The guts of this motor are the same as used on a 1962 Chrysler Imperial 1962 300, newport, new yorhers,my 300 rotted out in boston and my frend peter used my moter in his 63 avanti all you have to do is tack the chysler arm off and put the stude one on they come up on ebay once in a while email me if you like [8D]
        That's some great info, thanks!

Sonny
        Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

I have an EPS-4001A (from a Hawk it looks like) sitting on my desk right now, if that helps any. I realize the parts are not all the same but I'm sure some of them interchange.

nate

(built a lot of franken-components this way)
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

the hawk is not the same

Comment

WIPERWORKS! Professional wiper motor restoration & sales for 50s-70s. PH/FAX:
              931-598-9573, TN; wiperman57@msn.com he had 3 or 4 chyslers motors half a year ago there were rebilt ones he wanted 45 dollars a motor

Comment

Working...
              X