This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCFB Intake Modification

Here's a great question that was asked somewhere else. "Is there any reason why the WCFB bore holes can't be enlarged to AFB sizes? This would make it possible for pre-AFB cars to use the Edlebrocks." Anybody here done something like this?

Sonny

Hi, Ken Michael has set up a CNC machine to do just what you suggest. I will send you his email when I get home.

Lew
    Escondido, CA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jcstude

Hi, Ken Michael has set up a CNC machine to do just what you suggest. I will send you his email when I get home.

Lew
      Escondido, CA
      You're "Da Man" Lew! Thanks a million! I think Mr. Jeff Rice has a handle on it too. It's soooo good to have that kind of support for our Studebakers.

Sonny
      Sonny
      http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

[8D]
        Sonny,
        I have built a jig to position an intake manifold so that milling it can be done with the correct angles to the throttle bores. I can easily enlarge the bores to allow an AFB to be used. I do know that several members have used the 'multi-stack' heat insulator setup sold at Speedway, Jeg's, and Summit. These have the larger bore holes in them and raise the carb just enough to allow the butterfly's to open without hitting the bores. Some others have hand raduised the bores to match those gaskets. I suppose if you had a '53, or an Avanti, the extra thickness of the heat insulater gasket stack may cause a hood to air cleaner interference. Milling the bores would eliminate the height problem.
        I can also machine a 2bbl manifold to accept an AFB 4 bbl carb.
        If anyone is interested, they can e-mail me at DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net and I can give them the particulars...
        Jeff

[?]Here's a great question that was asked somewhere else. "Is there any reason why the WCFB bore holes can't be enlarged to AFB sizes? This would make it possible for pre-AFB cars to use the Edlebrocks." Anybody here done something like this?
        Sonny

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

[8D]er <seg>

Right on! I knew that you were all over the Stude intake situation but I didn't realize that you had all that capability Jeffster! I have a couple of manifolds, (stock cast), that could benefit from your massaging. I'm thinking total change over to the new Edelbrock carbs. I've been helping Big Mattie, (you met him), with his high-po Chebby. He was a Holley man, but after we got that Edelbrock on and tuned, he's changed his way-o-thinkin'. Unless it's some kind of all-out racing or special application deal, I seriously doubt that a new Edelbrock can be beat when it's sitting on a Stude engine.

Sonny
          Sonny
          http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Working...
          X