PDA

View Full Version : Live Chat

Sonny
10-05-2004, 02:17 PM
I REALLY enjoy the forums, but I would also like to be able to blab "real time" with other Studebaker people too. Is it possible to get live chat on the SDC website? Thanks in advance!

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

Sam Roberts
10-05-2004, 08:31 PM
That would be a lot of fun, particularly in the winter months when weather is not good.

Sam Roberts

Roscomacaw
10-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Sam Roberts! How the heck are you old friend???:D

Miscreant at large.

Sam Roberts
10-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey Big Guy,

Happy as a pig in slop, and still enjoying Studebakers! Keeping busy between the Indy chapter, and the Michiana chapter, where they are starting plans for the 2005 May swap meet.

Sam

Sam Roberts

Sonny
10-06-2004, 11:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sam Roberts

Hey Big Guy,

Happy as a pig in slop, and still enjoying Studebakers! Keeping busy between the Indy chapter, and the Michiana chapter, where they are starting plans for the 2005 May swap meet.

Sam

Sam Roberts

A Studebaker swap meet? Count ME in Sam! We'll probably still have snow here, but that would be well worth a 4 wheel drive trip:D!

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

Sam Roberts
10-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Sonny, it is the spring swap meet Michiana chapter does every 1st weekend of May at the St. Joseph's county fairgrounds. About all the biggies are there regarding vendors, such as Ted Harbit, Studebaker Int'l, and many others too numerous to mention. Also, SASCO usually has theirs the same weekend, though it is a bit more congested there.
Also, there is always a car show on the Saturday of the swap meet, open to all makes, but usually it is obvious that Studebaker rules!

Sam

Sam Roberts

S_Ferrell
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Hello. I am a fairly new member, since May, and I have been going over the old posts. I would love to chat one on one about the Stude sickness, and any other old car topics. I work for an auto museum here in Cleveland Ohio, so I do get to bore my friends with alot of car talk. My email is s_ferrell58@yahoo.com. or my number in Cleveland is 216-476-0395.

studegary
07-27-2005, 04:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by S_Ferrell
[ I work for an auto museum here in Cleveland Ohio, so I do get to bore my friends with alot of car talk. My email is s_ferrell58@yahoo.com. or my number in Cleveland is 216-476-0395.

Are you refering to the Crawford Museum? The last that I knew, they had the last Studebaker built Avanti there. It is S/N 5643 and one of the handful of factory R3s. I used to visit that car when Joe E. owned it and had it at his dealership.

Danarchy
07-27-2005, 05:10 PM
yeah! a Real-Time Studebaker CHAT forum would be Great!

1960 LARK(4-Door)V8/Deluxe Wagon
Dallas,Texas

ceecab
07-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Now Sonny-- tell me that in my many attempts to edimicate you about things Studebaker-- I neglected to mention the SB swap meet.
It's a must -do kinda thing

Not as big at first blush as York, but you find things there you won't see other places, not to mention sasco, and the museum, plus-- the Saturday car show is worth the trip all by itself

and of cours- you see strange people like rice, turner. poulos, forrester. n8, oldcarfart , lee d, and me of course, roaming around without leashes

Heck, I might even buy you a beer if you show up at the motel I'm always at.

By the way-- i hear yer in gator country now
Where at exactly-- and for how long? i'm heading to the wilds of SC in a couple weeks to visit a friend, and i don't think he's too far from you

S_Ferrell
08-18-2005, 12:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

quote:Originally posted by S_Ferrell
[ I work for an auto museum here in Cleveland Ohio, so I do get to bore my friends with alot of car talk. My email is s_ferrell58@yahoo.com. or my number in Cleveland is 216-476-0395.

Are you refering to the Crawford Museum? The last that I knew, they had the last Studebaker built Avanti there. It is S/N 5643 and one of the handful of factory R3s. I used to visit that car when Joe E. owned it and had it at his dealership.
Yes, it is the Crawford, the Avanti is a beautiful white with black interior. I have gotten to sit in it many times. The only other Stude we have is a 1907 Studebaker Garford that belonged to Mrs. Palmer, of the Palmer House in Chicago, her husband gave it to her for an anniversary.

Studeblazer
08-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I and some of my stude friends use MSN messenger...My Username is studebazer@hotmail.com you can get up to 6 people in a chat..:D

Joel LaRue
1958 Champion
1961 Champ
1962 Champ

N8N
08-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Another option would be setting up an IRC channel, if anyone wants to try that out... I use Trillian for my IM program, which includes an IRC client, but there's other software out there as well. I know I've used it from an old Linux machine before as well.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel