PDA

View Full Version : los angeles studebaker assembly plant

danweb
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I am trying to find out the location where the assembly plant in los angles was? If any one knows the location or address please let me know. I want to drive my 62 GT HAWK by the location for nostalgic
purposes. thanks.:)

Roscomacaw
10-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Dan,
It was in Vernon - now part of Los Angeles but at the time it was sort of a dedicated industrial complex. It's been 20 years now but I was actualy INSIDE the building that was the main plant. The irony is that I didn't realize that fact until AFTER I'd been there!
I was involved in selling industrial control systems at the time and I made a prospect call on a small sheet metal fab company that was using a small portion of that brick building.
I don't recall what the address was but I do know that the building was razed some years ago to clear the way for new construction.

Miscreant at large.

danweb
10-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi Bob, Thanks for the info. Dan

garyash
10-11-2004, 11:33 AM
I think that the address of the Studebaker plant was 4530 Loma Vista in Vernon.

'48 M5
'65 Wagonaire
www.studegarage.com

studegary
10-11-2004, 04:06 PM
That address is interesting. I wonder if the name Loma Gray for the interior metal trim in '53s comes from that street name.

sumf
11-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Turning Wheels had a article on it a while back. There may be some p letters on it in later issues.