PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks!

studeroger
09-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I just want to thank SDC for this forum. I've owned a '59 Lark Regal Hardtop VI since '91 and love the car. Of the three antique cars I own, it's my favorite. We take it everywhere.
I look forward to chatting with fellow members.
Studeroger:)

Sonny
10-01-2004, 07:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by studeroger

I just want to thank SDC for this forum. I've owned a '59 Lark Regal Hardtop VI since '91 and love the car. Of the three antique cars I own, it's my favorite. We take it everywhere.
I look forward to chatting with fellow members.
Studeroger:)

I second that Roger! These forums are something that were sorely needed. At the least, we can stay a LOT more informed about our national organization, and hey, meet more new friends like you. I spent a lot of time on the Stude newsgroup, but the off topic noise is waaaay too overwhelming, especially distracting is the political and personal attack stuff. [B)] I'm thankful that we don't have the "free for all" atmosphere here.

There's a lot of Studebaker websites on the internet and it can be confusing for new members or someone who just might be looking to see if they even want to get into Studebakering. It only makes sense that there should be just ONE center of the Studebakering universe, that place should be the SDC website, THE place where anyone can get the most current and factual information about our hobby. As a current member, I find that checking in here, trying to help other members and prospective members with problems or concerns, is very rewarding and my small efforts makes supporting our club easy.

With the support of truly concerned and supportive members, the SDC website could easily become what it SHOULD be, the FIRST stop for everything related to Studebakers. I'm definitely looking forward to the day when the SDC website takes it's rightful place as the proper "front door" to the vast amount of Studebaker information on the internet.

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

Roscomacaw
10-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Welcome Roger. Where do you hail from? I'm in central California and Sonny's in Buffalo (He likes to call it Buffoonalo in deference to the city fathers I guess [xx(]) Sonny and I like to DRIVE our Studebakers. Mine are presentable but FAR from being showorthy and that's the way I like it.
I've got a '57 Transtar that's my primary ride, a 60 Lark VIII ragtop for summer evening cruisin' and I'm currently reviving a '53 Commander coupe to drive as well. Sonny and me both have more Studes than we have time to do. But that's part of the fun of it.[^]

Miscreant at large.

Sonny
10-02-2004, 10:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Sonny's in Buffalo (He likes to call it Buffoonalo in deference to the city fathers I guess [xx(]) Sonny and I like to DRIVE our Studebakers. Mine are presentable but FAR from being showorthy and that's the way I like it.
I've got a '57 Transtar that's my primary ride, a 60 Lark VIII ragtop for summer evening cruisin' and I'm currently reviving a '53 Commander coupe to drive as well. Sonny and me both have more Studes than we have time to do. But that's part of the fun of it.[^]

Miscreant at large.

I couldn't have said it better myself Bob! This disease we have is wonderful, but hell to put up with when there's no more parking space in the yard! The dang things multiply themselves! [:0] I'm daily driving a '60 Lark V8, 2 door hardtop and working on a '50 Starlight Coupe that I'm putting a '57 supercharged Studebaker V8 and auto in. I decided to go all the way, a body off re-do of it after I started putting the drive train in. I don't even want to admit how many other Studes I have in the yard and stashed around the area. ;)

Sonny

Roscomacaw
10-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Well Sonny - as you well know, I'm hosting more Studes than I probably have years to finish! But what the heck. I love the danged things and I have a hard time not taking in another one when it needs someone to love it.[:I]
Of course, I have a soft spot for the one's that are really down on their luck. Read that: needing everything! But it beats them ending up as new appliances from China. Maybe someday they'll make it back on the road or into the hands of someone who'll love them the way I do.[?] Who knows?
Right now I'm lavishing dollars and effort on the 53 coupe I pulled from a barn back in March. She's gonna be on the road before the year's out and I'm gonna drive the pee-wahlikers out of her! That is, if I can afford a gallon of gas. :(
Anyway, this mania beats sittin' in front of a TV or, worse yet, drivin' a Ch**y!

Miscreant at large.

Sam Roberts
10-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Sonny, and Bob,

Just found this forum, and what Sonny said about the newsgroup is why I quit it cold turkey a year ago. But Bob, I should tell you we ain't sick cuz we love Studebakers, non Stude lovers are the sickos! LOL

Sam

Sam Roberts

Sonny
10-05-2004, 02:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sam Roberts

Hey Sonny, and Bob,

Just found this forum, and what Sonny said about the newsgroup is why I quit it cold turkey a year ago. But Bob, I should tell you we ain't sick cuz we love Studebakers, non Stude lovers are the sickos! LOL

Sam

Sam Roberts

Hi Sam!

Welcome home! Thanks for the kind words, and I'm looking forward to the great company of the folks who I know will be more likely to frequent here. :D The fact that this forum will eliminate the "noise" is just one reason that I decided to spend more time here. It's just another way we can really support our national club, PLUS give a more positive look to Studebakering, especially for new folks. What the heck, it's like the SDC built us a club house, and I'm gonna use it! Thanks again Sam, I really appreciate it, and looking forward to the good times here. ;)

Sonny