This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall measurements of Silver Hawk

Have the 57 Silver Hawk but still have to go get it. Can anyone give me the overall width of the car so I can determine if my trailer can transport it home. Very excited to get it home to start upgrading it and be able to drive it. I drove it in 1957 so lots of memories. Jim S

New owner, just getting started and still have to go get the 57 silver hawk.

I couldn't find anything with an "official" width measurement, but I just measured by 1960 Hawk and it looks to be close to 68" total width. Should be the same as your 57 or maybe even a tad less as I don't think the 57 Silver Hawks had wheel weel trim as mine does.
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetcraft

Have the 57 Silver Hawk but still have to go get it. Can anyone give me the overall width of the car so I can determine if my trailer can transport it home. Very excited to get it home to start upgrading it and be able to drive it. I drove it in 1957 so lots of memories. Jim S

Congratulations Jim! Welcome home! How did you find the Hawk? Is it in real good condition? Can you tell us more about it?

Sonny
      Sonny
      http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

1957 Hawks are 71.3 wide, 55 high and 204 long (all in inches). This is from the 1957 "Studebaker Data Book for Studebaker Salesmen."
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for the information as I will leave next week to go and get the car. The trailer has 72 1/2 clearance so will be very close. I will sure have more questions after getting back with the car. Thanks, Jim S

Comment

Yeah Jim,
            Let us know when you get it home and start to work with it. Is it automatic or 3-spd OD?

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X