Hawk/Lark Tachometer to HEI? Or....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk/Lark Tachometer to HEI? Or....

Any one know what it would take to wire a 62-64 Hawk/Lark tach to a GM style HEI? Also, are factory tachs hard to find for 1965 Larks?
    Thanks,
    Steve

There was never a tach offered as factory equipment on a '65 Lark. A tach from a '64 Lark would match the rest of our dash gauges, but would not be factory correct.
    I have a Pertronix unit in my distributer, and the tach works, if that helps you at all.

Eric
    '49 2R-5 (original survivor)
    '63 R2-Lark (barely surviving, lost it's engine)
    Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
    \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

For grins & giggles I've been kicking around the idea of sending some old spare speedos to Classic Instruments to make up a tach that would match the gauges and speedo on my Daytona. Original? Nope. Look better? Absolutely!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Hello Eric,
        Is the Pertronix unit in a Hawk that was factory tach equipped? What I'm wondering before I actually try testing is if the HEI/Pertronix tach output will trigger a factory tach with out the tach sending unit box like Studebakerparts.com: 800009 TACHOMETER SENDING UNIT FOR 1962-1964 CARS WITH RECTANGULAR BOXES..
        I'd go for the look better method Tom!
        I'll test the tach I have and see what happens.
        -Steve

Comment

Working...
        X