Studebaker Television Debut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Television Debut!

Here's a link to a YouTube video I posted this morning of the local newscast.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In the weather segment a picture of our 1955 Studebaker Commander is shown and the following comments are made:

"What kind of car is this?"
    "Isn't that neat?"
    "It's beautiful"
    "But, it's gorgeous."

It's uncommon for us to get this much snow (any snow accumulation) at 1,000 foot elevation and since I wasn't sleeping at 3:00 AM this morning I thought I'd send a picture into the TV station.

In my email I indicated that it was a 1955 Studebaker but somehow that didn't get to the news desk. Oh well. I hope you enjoy it too.

PS. Normally I'd have the car covered but I came home late and didn't do it.

Tom
    Three Rivers, CA
    1955 Commander 4 dr
    Tom
    Three Rivers, CA
    1955 Commander 4 dr

That is one great looking Kaiser - Fraser!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

That is one great looking Kaiser - Fraser!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Yeah, my '56 Parkview looks like a hi-top ambulance. At least 18" on the top. Still looking for a distributor cap for it, so it's sitting in a friend's yard. Found out that the headlight buckets from my '62 Champ fit and work just fine. So the broken buckets fixed! All I have to do is fix that pinched brake line and she'll be 100%!

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yeah, my '56 Parkview looks like a hi-top ambulance. At least 18" on the top. Still looking for a distributor cap for it, so it's sitting in a friend's yard. Found out that the headlight buckets from my '62 Champ fit and work just fine. So the broken buckets fixed! All I have to do is fix that pinched brake line and she'll be 100%!

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yeah - some years ago I got a shot of our 60 Lark ragtop on competing channel 24 as a backdrop for the morning weather forcast. Weather guy said: "It's gonna be a beeeautiful day for a cruise in this baby!"

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah - some years ago I got a shot of our 60 Lark ragtop on competing channel 24 as a backdrop for the morning weather forcast. Weather guy said: "It's gonna be a beeeautiful day for a cruise in this baby!"

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, Yeah! It won't be long and it will be ideal convertible weather.

It would have been much cooler if they would have identified it as a Studebaker. I guess the hood ornament looks like the Kaiser? Regardless, it was fun to run the kids over to the TV and have them see the Stude on TV this morning.

Tom
                Three Rivers, CA
                1955 Commander 4 dr
                Tom
                Three Rivers, CA
                1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Yeah, Yeah! It won't be long and it will be ideal convertible weather.

It would have been much cooler if they would have identified it as a Studebaker. I guess the hood ornament looks like the Kaiser? Regardless, it was fun to run the kids over to the TV and have them see the Stude on TV this morning.

Tom
                  Three Rivers, CA
                  1955 Commander 4 dr
                  Tom
                  Three Rivers, CA
                  1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Working...
                  X