55 Champion sedan relisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Champion sedan relisted

It looks like I will be scheduling some minor surgery next week and I am finding my insurance is not covering nearly as much as I had expected so this car and some other stuff has gotta go! I really want to see someone save this car but if it doesnt sell soon I may be forced to part what I can sell quickly and scrap the rest. This is a very solid even if not a highly desired and valued car, WAY too good for that kind of ending. The engine sounded great and it is a truly easy project. The battery is new. Someone please step up and save her. The reserve was set at $650 but I lowered it. Feel free to come inspect the car. Cash talks, onsite cash Screams!! While I truly bought this car to save it from that fate I will do what I must to protect my personal health. We will also be listing the Lark and several nice Stude toys Sunday as well as a few very nice collectables from outside the Studebaker realm. Thanks, Steve

sigpic

Love those perfect floors Steve! Wish I could save it myself. I went so far as to look at Mapquest which tells me 862 miles- each way[xx(] That's time and gas I just can't do right now or I'd get it just to save it from the scrapper. Listening to it run made me sad- it's like it's begging for one more chance to serve

Hope it sells to someone who will keep it a Stude instead of lost forever. And more importantly, best of luck with your surgery.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Love those perfect floors Steve! Wish I could save it myself. I went so far as to look at Mapquest which tells me 862 miles- each way[xx(] That's time and gas I just can't do right now or I'd get it just to save it from the scrapper. Listening to it run made me sad- it's like it's begging for one more chance to serve

Hope it sells to someone who will keep it a Stude instead of lost forever. And more importantly, best of luck with your surgery.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
      Ephesians 6:10-17

Thanks Bob, If I was rich and famous I would keep and restore it. Its a super solid car. Floors arent perfect but about as close as you will find. Of the 3 or 4 places I found even with the seats removed I found one that will actually require a small, and I mean small patch. The others are so small you can weld them up with no additional media. Unfortunately I am pooor and unknown so do what I must. The surgery will be OK, Routine sinus/ear surgery. Its just something I have to do. If it relieves the problems I have been dealing with daily for the last 10-11 years it is worth it. Steve

sigpic

Comment

That is a cool boat, my grandfather has one like it, his is an 18 ft fiberglass boat, I forgot the brand, I just know that it's no longer made.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
        1954 Champion Coupe
        Lizella, GA
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

Yet an-o-thah reason ah shud-ah mooved tuh Nawth Car-liah-nah.[)] Seems like all the best cars are coming up in Florida or the Carolinas lately.

All the best with your sale, Steve.

By the by... Is that old girl equipped with an OverDrive?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports

That is a cool boat, my grandfather has one like it, his is an 18 ft fiberglass boat, I forgot the brand, I just know that it's no longer made.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
            1954 Champion Coupe
            Lizella, GA

It is a cool boat and also on the block. It is a 75 Starcraft 24' cheifton. Has a 302 or 351 Ford (mercruiser) engine with very low houurs. It also has a seperate bathroom with a port-a-potty,kitchen, table/sleeper berth full height stand-up cabin. I have canvas that covers all of what is open in the pics. Good, solid aluminium boat, even has aluminium stringers. Not a show boat but the greatest fisher/family fun boat you will ever see. Its a boat so needs tinkering to be ready for the season but we used it several times last season and it was fully winterized so should go. $4000, trailer would cost more than that if you went to buy one. Steve

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Yet an-o-thah reason ah shud-ah mooved tuh Nawth Car-liah-nah.[)] Seems like all the best cars are coming up in Florida or the Carolinas lately.

All the best with your sale, Steve.

By the by... Is that old girl equipped with an OverDrive?

Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Hi Ron, Trans in the car is a 3 speed, I dont believe it is overdrive. I do have an overdrive trans that is supposed to fit this car though. I had planned to keep it for my 53 Champion coupe but I would turn loose of it. Steve

sigpic

Comment

Well, Halfway through the auction and life is looking pretty grim for the sedan. If anyone wants anything from it let me know ASAP so I can make plans to get it off the car if it doesnt sell. I expect I will only have 1 or 2 days to pull parts and pieces so speak up if there is something you want or need. Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X