Studebaker forum is much better than most

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker forum is much better than most

I spend a lot of time in front of the computer, and I visit a lot of sites/forums. This particular forum is my favorite. Literally, it seems as if there is a new post every time I check in, and the majority of the time, someone replies to that post. Studephiles seem to be among the most passionate and supportive of their brand, and there seem to be very few, if any, arrogant people that come here. There seems to be genuine interest expressed regarding any topic that happens to appear in the forum.

I guess the forum that would seem to be closest to this one in terms of interest and support is the Buick forum at the AACA site. Those folks are also pretty passionate, although I've come across a few more arrogant types there.

I'm surprised at the volume of posters here versus the forums for so many other brands. Apparently, Studebaker was never really a high volume product, yet this forum is one of the busiest I've seen.

I really enjoy coming here. I'll have to get another Studebaker car one of these days. Lark sedans are becoming more appealing to me all the time.

Very glad to have you here Bullet, you will find that we do try hard to keep the 1852 Studebaker Bros. Blacksmith Shop motto: "Always Give MORE than you promise"!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very glad to have you here Bullet, you will find that we do try hard to keep the 1852 Studebaker Bros. Blacksmith Shop motto: "Always Give MORE than you promise"!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I enjoy coming here for the simple reason that it's far friendlier a place than any automotive forum (and nearly any forum) I've been to. Especially muscle car forums, it seems. Those are the worst for lewd pictures, cursing each other out, arrogance, and a complete lack of helpful people. I guess the type of people at a forum are represented by the kind of car the forum is dedicated to.

That makes Ricer forums worst of all, but I digress... [}]

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
        Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
        Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
        2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

I enjoy coming here for the simple reason that it's far friendlier a place than any automotive forum (and nearly any forum) I've been to. Especially muscle car forums, it seems. Those are the worst for lewd pictures, cursing each other out, arrogance, and a complete lack of helpful people. I guess the type of people at a forum are represented by the kind of car the forum is dedicated to.

That makes Ricer forums worst of all, but I digress... [}]

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
          Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
          Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
          2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

WELCOME ABOARD.

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
            64 Avanti R3w/NOS
            88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

WELCOME ABOARD.

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
              64 Avanti R3w/NOS
              88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

We're glad you're here! We like strength. There's strenght in numbers, so it's said. With that consideration, the more Stude-o-philes we recruit, the better off we are![:0]
                We're not perfect, mind you..... but if we WERE, we'd belong on one of those muscle car forums you spoke of![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

We're glad you're here! We like strength. There's strenght in numbers, so it's said. With that consideration, the more Stude-o-philes we recruit, the better off we are![:0]
                  We're not perfect, mind you..... but if we WERE, we'd belong on one of those muscle car forums you spoke of![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[)]Same train of thought...you'd enjoy SDC's monthyly magazine, Turning Wheels too. It's probably the BEST automotive club publication in the country.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

[)]Same train of thought...you'd enjoy SDC's monthyly magazine, Turning Wheels too. It's probably the BEST automotive club publication in the country.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                      http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

On the "News Group" we used to have some great tales, like Jeff talking about living through the Florida Hurricanes. Gary keeping our writeing and spelng somewhat gramatical, Shiva and the lock business problems and StudeBob talking about damn near anything.

No slanging matches here, but nothing to remind us that we are People / DRIVERS, who happen to own and love Studebakers - and most of the folks who own them.

Karl

Comment

On the "News Group" we used to have some great tales, like Jeff talking about living through the Florida Hurricanes. Gary keeping our writeing and spelng somewhat gramatical, Shiva and the lock business problems and StudeBob talking about damn near anything.

No slanging matches here, but nothing to remind us that we are People / DRIVERS, who happen to own and love Studebakers - and most of the folks who own them.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                          X