• South Bend - Ontarians? Ontariods?

Canada represents at South Bend...

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Nice!

Chris Pile
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Well done, guys. I had just enough greenbacks to pay for my parts. Didn't have to ask any of our American cousins to accept Canadian$
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Have to ask after saying your cars all look great, is that a 60 Edsel beside the blue truck in pic # 2 ? Sort of makes it an orphan show if it is, Ha!! John

Comment

Yes that is a '60 Edsel , Dennis Patterson of the South Bend chapter owns it....neat car. John here's a couple better pics of that '60 Edsel

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
          "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
          1964 Daytona HT
          1966 Daytona
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks for posting those...the blue Lark is my cherished "Betty", which made the trip without any problems at all and entirely on expressways (in convoy with four other Hamilton Chapter cars all of which were V8s). A total of seven local cars made the voyage. We had, by happenstance, one of each Lark-type body style: 2dr sedan (my 62), 4dr sedan (66 Cruiser), hardtop (64 Daytona), wagon (63 Wagonaire) and convertible (60 Regal), plus two Avantis (a 63 and an 83). There were about 20 chapter members at the meet all told. We'd have had two 66s instead of one, also, but Eric Harnett's Cruiser was in the middle of an engine swap...truth told it worked out better having no one doing the trip solo anyway...better for navigation. Eric rode shotgun with me and drove the 62 a couple times; he now has a much improved opinion of Stude sixes...but can't wait to get his Cruiser back with its fresh 283.

As I mentioned previously I'm now "between jobs", so this trip may have been my last such journey (as well as my first) in my Lark. I'm hopeful, though, of being able to retain the car. All else aside I missed meeting far too many people, and need to do the trip again as a consequence...in a Studebaker of course!

Cheers all

S.

Comment

You guys are a dedicated group! Hung with a few of you and hope to see you next year! Ed

Comment

Working...
              X