Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West coast find. Maybe a start for 53 convert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West coast find. Maybe a start for 53 convert?

On Craigslist:

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

I wonder how many a "few" years is ?

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Ouch[xx(] If it got hit that hard, one would really have to take a look at how much other damage is there. Where did the branches hit......hood, trunk, dash etc.[V]
      Good Roads
      Brian

Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

If those front fenders are rust free, grab the whole clip inclucing the hood and run...seems to me that stuff must be worth something, and the text does say obo. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, especially with the price!!!

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
          1954 Champion Coupe
          Lizella, GA
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

Looks like it would be well worth it as a parts car. But it might be fixable, either as a convert, or with a roof from a donor car. There have to be a few K bodies around with terminal floor rust, but usable roofs?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Its already been purchased and trailered home. I carried it home for Steve, who is also a forum member. He called me to know if I thought it was a good deal. I told him, that if he did not buy it, I was going to. So he did. We had a heck of a time pulling it up the side of the berm even with the caretakers towtruck. Also on the property were Alfa Romeos, Jag XKE, Sumbeam, MGB, TR4, Porsche 914, Lincoln Continental, Mercury, COE GMC, Baracuda, and a bunch of other misc. Needless to say, we were quite late getting out of there after viewing all the other toys.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

Sal. about what years were the Sunbeams, and models, any idea?

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

The Sunbeam was a 66 or 67 Alpine. He also had several engines on a rack which included Jags, Rovers, Alfas and others.

sals54
                  sals54

Comment

Its just nuts how some things survive. I would guess the car was hit at least 15yrs ago maybe 20. The fenders front and rear look good with on obvious rust the crome and pot metal also look pretty good for the most part. The dash is about 3" lower than it should be and something was living in there I think it left.If I can get the hood open maybe there be some sign of what it was all it looks like is rat poop. When I get some time I'll start pulling it apart and get some pictures.

Comment

Hey, 55coupe (Steve?)

Glad you picked this one up. It's a tristar, like mine.

What are your plans, just for parts or maybe a convertible?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                      53 Starliner Hardtop
                      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

It is a tristar and the damage by the tree is treminal,the cowl is bent down as well as the roof the doors won't close they must have been open at the time.All the sheet metal looks good but the floors are still unknown the front drivers fender is bent but very salvagable.This is my idea I have a real nice 55 driver but like so many what I want is a 53 soooooo. There was a disscusion a while back,do you change a real nice car to your likeing or leave a surivor alone? I know what my car is I can drive it anywhere so why kill myself with a project that will be a duplicate of all that I've done already. I know many out there have strong opinions either way. Anyhow now I have all the parts I need I just have to make up my mind do it or don't.

Comment

Did the 53 prototype convert survive?[?]
                          I recall that years ago it was at the rear of a workshop.Did see a picture of it once.[] Shame Studebaker didn't put them into production for a variety of reasons....[V]

A.C.Moisley
                          A.C.Moisley

Comment

Steve, I say go for it! Get/Have what you want. I am sure there are folks that would love to have the nice doghouse off your 55. But, you know me and how nice my '53 was when I got it and how many changes have I made to it? No reason not to keep making them better.

Pat

Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool
                            '54 Conestoga Future Project

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

55coupe

If your dream is a 53 then what is the harm. By my limited knowledge, the conversion is pretty much bolt on. Do what you want and save the 55 parts if you feel guilty.

I, for one, don't understand the conundrum, I'd do the same thing. We all know that saving them all is an impossible dream so let's keep the good parts and move on.

Your car, Your money.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X