EYECANDY-Photobucket issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EYECANDY-Photobucket issues

WTH is with Photobucket? Opening the account brings up a new page that I can't figure out. It seems I can not find the page to upload images.It wants me to go PRO,and use a bulk uploader. I can't find the blue bar for uploading anything.Maybe I am stupid,but this is frustrating.Anyone got any manuvering tips?

Just go to "My Home" after you sign in. The upload window should pop up. You then have to go to "All Albums" and Just Browse to see your full library after you upload your new pictures. Not sure why they changed it unless someone at Photobucket needed to justify their existence.
    If you have found an engine lift to help me with the R2 when I get there, I'll refrain from voting on the jury panel while it's out on the "maybe I am stupid" question. [)]

Comment

Rich, Dave's instructions are right on the money. if you have problems look me up in the SDC roster and call me as I will be on my way to SB after 1100 today and I'll walk you through it. Just loaded pictures a few days a ago and used the bulk loader which is faster and had no problem with. No I do not use PRO either and they are after me to do that as I have about 80MB of pictures up there right now
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Will this do till you get it straightened out.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

That'll do very nicely for now. Thanks for filling the void made today by no picture from the champ!!
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I find Photobucket way to frustrating to use[xx(]
            Brian

Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I use Flickr

Jon Stalnaker
              Editor, Hawk Talks
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Photobucket has never been a problem for me; the video pop-up ads on Webshots are nerve racking.

I wonder if the new Forum software will require a different photo posting procedure. Remember, that's happening a week from this Monday.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

OK Dave. I have just blown another hour trying to get around. I have even opened up a new account,with NO LUCK. The upload window will not pop up.All I get is a menu to link to twitter,facebook,etc. I can not find any "just browse' feature in anything,my home or anywhere else in the tool bar.I investigated the"bulk uploader' since that is the only option I can seem to find,and it wants me to accept some "certificate." All the sudden this free website is more than a PIA to use. I GIVE UP!

Comment

I just up loaded a bunch of wedding photos to a new album with no trouble. do you get a box like this. it not real clear but click on the green bar not the one below for facebook

Now don't get upset "Champ" just trying to help

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

Mine worked tonight.

Click the "My Home" tab on the top bar. Now upload.

Just below the larger (Home/All Albums) area, click the smaller "all albums" tab next to the "latest activity" tab, wait, then click "just browse" next to "organize these" below your user I.D./ Default Album area to choose pic from your library and post.

Comment

Not upset,I am not getting that green upload bar no matter what.

Comment

I get the same box that Ebon got,but not the same options.My box where his has a green upload bar says"Tip: hold down Command to select multiple files".
                          When I click "all albums" I do not get "just browse" or "organize these" anywhere.
                          There are also a bunch of "stats" on the left of the screen that I don't give two shirts about,nor can I get rid of. It would be different if I was getting the same responses as you guys. I get the very same BS with the new account as the old one.Either of you two using a Mac? Maybe Photobucket changed their software and different computers get different destructions? That is a SWAG for sure....

Comment

What browsers are you all using? It shouldn't matter much which you have (MSIE, Firefox, Safari, Opera) as long as it's up to date. Old versions can have trouble with the latest HTML code that P'bucket is using. (HTML gets upgraded regularly.)

Jim K.
                            63 Hawk
                            Jim K.
                            63 Hawk

Comment

Just uploaded to PB with their new interface using Firefox on Win7; went slicker'n snot.

Rich: sounds to me like a collateral program issue (now don't that sound fancy?): something other than your browser and PB's siteware is messing you up. If I were in your shoes I would:

1) Be sure to have installed the newest versions of Java (6.20), Flash (10.0.45.2) and Shockwave Player (11.5.6.606): the new PB interface now seems to use all three
                              2) Be sure to have all current operating system and antivirus program updates installed
                              3) Double-check all security settings including firewall access authorizations
                              4) Open a six-pack, fuhgeddaboudit and try again on Tuesday

FWIW HTIH IMHO blah blah blah

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                              In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                              If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Working...
                              X