'54 Commander C Body Tail Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '54 Commander C Body Tail Lights

Anyone know of a good pair of '54 tail lights? Mine has 55's and want to change them back.
    Thanks

Bob McHugh
    Alameda CA

Bob, How nice do you want them to be? I've got a set on my 54, below, which are in good shape, but need to be rechromed. If you have a set of lenses for yours, I may be willing to swap. If interested, lets swap photos. BTW, I'm in Sacramento.

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Sal,
      I received a lead on a pair, just prior to receiving your post. After checking that one I'll get in touch, if still in need. Looking for a pristine pair, if at all possible.
      Thanks

Bob McHugh
      Alameda CA

Comment

There was a pair of NOS listed on the Swap Page a while back.
        Bo

Comment

There was a pair of NOS listed on the Swap Page a while back.
          Bo

Comment

What year are these? They come with a car attached.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Tom, those look like '53 lights. The tip off is the lenses don't "wrap" around and the bottom center is rather flat. '54 ones are fairly similar but more rounded at the bottom. Of course, I could be wrong since its a dark picture and not sure they have lenses in them. The lenses are definately different from '53 to '54. '54 being more domed or curved and no ribs.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Those are flat, thus 53.
                Bo

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jeff_H

Tom, those look like '53 lights...snip .... I could be wrong since its a dark picture and not sure they have lenses in them.
                  There are lenses in them, ok then, they are '53. I have some '56 tail
                  lights around there somewhere also. So if you'll take anything other
                  than what you want and what you have - I've got you covered.

Tom
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Hi Bob I am looking for a pare for my 55 K body if you are selling your 55s let me now I have none at all. cane any one help ? e-mail elder312@hotmail.com Thanks Lynn

RL Elder

Comment

55 tail lights.... I have an NOS set for a 56 hawks (all EXCEPT the Golden Hawk) which I believe are the same as 55's if you are interested. Thanks!

Chris
                      s2ds4me@gmail.com

Sedans Rule!!!

Chris Coop
                      Vancouver, WA.
                      Sedans Rule!!!

Chris Coop
                      Vancouver, WA.

Comment

Thanx, Picasa.

And by the way, '53, '54, '55 and '56 C/K tail lights were all different, tho I've heard some early '54s had '53 tail lights.

John

Comment

I got a request to see what tail lights I had, and here they are, not
                          perfect, but not overly pitted. The wiring is shot from what I can
                          tell, and the lower screw hole cast in spacer is cracked on one and is
                          totally missing on the other. Obviously this isnt seen once the tail
                          light lense is in place, so its not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

What year are they?

Tom

Comment

Comment

And here I thought they were '56 tail lights![:I]

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X