I'm chickening out! Driving '98 Pontiac to South B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm chickening out! Driving '98 Pontiac to South B

After much consideration today, I have decided to leave my '63 Hawk home and make the 600 mile journey to South Bend in my '98 Grand Prix. The reason for this change in plans is due to the weather and uncertainty of my worn 289 engine. It would be great to arrive in South Bend in a Studebaker, but I would rather attempt this feat in nicer weather and after an engine rebuild. On the bright side, at least the Pontiac has a more confortable seat and gets 30 mpg.

"South Bend or Burst!"
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Don't blame you a bit Brent. I think the Hawk would do ok, but the weather doesn't sound good. Small problems on the road are bad enough on a beautiful day, but cold and rainy hundreds of miles from home doesn't sound fun at all. Have fun, wish I was going, maybe next year.[8D]

Skinny
    Watertown, SD
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Brent
      Obviously your girlfriend Flo had something to do with this.
      pb

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63r2

Brent
        Obviously your girlfriend Flo had something to do with this.
        pb
        Well Peter, she is an insurance saleslady. I just performed another repair on the Hawk....I filled up the tank yesterday afternoon with gasoline and I found today that it was dripping fuel. I just now replaced the rubber hose that is clamped between the tank and steel fuel line and my entire left arm got saturated with gasoline and I smell stronger than a skunk now! Speaking of 'Flo', you should have seen the 'flow' of gasoline come out of the tank when I pulled the old hose off!

I also noticed that the engine oil is leaking back farther than ever before and appears to be leaking out of the clutch bellhousing. I suppose my clutch will soon be slipping due to excessive rear main engine seal leakage. [B)] I think my car is telling me that it doesnt want to go on any long trips. I hope my Pontiac will make it.
        sigpic

Comment

Brent
          Have a wonderful time and a safe journey.
          pb

Comment

Thank you Peter. I hope to take plenty of pictures and post here when I get back.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X