Half a Million Dollars in Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half a Million Dollars in Cars

Saturday we did our favorite car show. The Stamford Ct. Museum annual show. A fellow named Malcolm Pray who either still owns or owned about 20 car dealerships every year brings up, or sends up some of his cars. Parked next to me this year was a 1941 Packard 180 convertible and a 1954 Kaiser Darrin (spelling)?

His crew just dropped them off and left them on the field, nobody watching them, totally amazing. One fellow started to wonder the value
    of the cars. So with my trusty Iphone I did some searching. While I don't consider NADA gospel the 1941 came in at $423,500 and the 1954 Kaiser at $123,200.

I would have had armed guards around them, rather than to allow people to open and close the doors, lean on the cars etc. The '54 intriged me as it must have just beed finished as it had the new tri-coat paint, same color but in three different shades so it adds depth.

Three years ago he dropped off for display a 53 Studebaker Commander Coupe and a 1955 Speedster. Both of those looked as if they just came off the assembly line.

God Bless him, he was in the right place at the right time and landed the high end cars to sell.

BG

Guess he has them insured.

Chris Pile
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
    X