Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker-Info.org is off the air..

Hi all,
    Sorry I have to repeat this, as I thought the situation was resolved earlier, but
    The outfit that handles my site has found some more compromised files and shut the site down (again). Two days ago, the same thing happened and I was advised of this, but told them how to quickly resolve the problem, which they did and then reopened the site...
    Today I was informed that they found more stuff, and it's in the same directory, but instead of locking the directory, they opted to down the entire site again.
    I don't know when it will be back up...

Watch this space..

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
    55 President State Sedan
    70 Avanti (R3)
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55Prez

Hi all,
      Sorry I have to repeat this, as I thought the situation was resolved earlier, but
      The outfit that handles my site has found some more compromised files and shut the site down (again). Two days ago, the same thing happened and I was advised of this, but told them how to quickly resolve the problem, which they did and then reopened the site...
      Today I was informed that they found more stuff, and it's in the same directory, but instead of locking the directory, they opted to down the entire site again.
      I don't know when it will be back up...

Watch this space..

Bob Johnstone
      Bob we know its frustrating but I for one want to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for the work, time and expense you put into your website. It is by far the most complete technical reference source that exists within the entire Studebaker Universe.

Thanks,

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Bob

I'll add my thanks also. I find myself using the site frequently.

It's a lot of trouble to maintain a site like that, particularly with the issue you are currently dealing with.

It's a great resource and appreciated.

Thanks again

Bob

Comment

Me as well, Bob. I've used many of your tech bits.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I appreciate your website very much also. Thank you for your continued efforts and good luck with a speedy resolution.

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
              In the middle of Minnestudea
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Bob, add my thanks to the growing list. Your site has a TON of useful info that I go back to time and time again. Your investment in time and dedication is very much appreciated!

SteveH

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com

Comment

I do not think I have seen your site yet Bob, but I look forward to seeing it when it is up again.

So far the reviews have been great!

LOL

Comment

Never thanked you before for information I have used from your site. The Avanti II information was very helpful. Good luck on getting back on the web or we will be the ultimate losers. Thanks Bob.

Comment

It is the first place I go to for Studebaker tech information and then I come to the Tech Forum. Both are excellent. thanks for putting it together, maintaining it and helping all of us! I look forward to it being back on line. It was this afternoon, but not tonight!

Mark

Comment

Back online again, but with about a years worth of work, deleted..

Most of the bad files were in the Avanti database... It seems some crew got in and changed the Ebay reference files, allowing them to capture your personal info.

I spent this AM removing all the ones I could find. Many of the database files will still work but no longer have links to the Ebay sales info.

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
                        55 President State Sedan
                        70 Avanti (R3)
                        64 GT Hawk (K7)
                        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

I really wonder what these scum get out of their destructive activities,
                          What they get is an opportunity to steal your personal info, up to and including passwords, credit card numbers, etc, etc. They are not just destructive hoodlums, they are serious criminals.

Comment

truly a shame that people hack sites steal info and then use it for their personal gain. I guess this one of the ways eBay 2nd Chance offers on Avanti sales have popped up in my mailbox in the past. Sorry Bob you lost all of the info on those cars.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The problem was with only the Avanti database files. All of the affected files have been removed and the result is quite transparent.
                              Thankfully, nothing was actually lost and the site is back up..
                              Thanks for all your concern.

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
                              55 President State Sedan
                              70 Avanti (R3)
                              64 GT Hawk (K7)
                              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                              X