• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye cabbage: Poor Lark and Hawk!!

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
    1963 Prototype moon cart built by Studebaker.
    Chris Dresbach

That lark looks pretty saveable! Not so sure of the hawk though, IF its only surface rust; for sure! But with the trunk open, and missing windows, who knows.

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I can't help but notice the lowley chevy citation in a sea of Packard Studebaker and Tbird.

Comment

I like that Econoline (right name?) in the background.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

I like that Econoline (right name?) in the background.
          Yep, that's the correct name and spelling, Bob.

You mean like these, right? They were cute. (Obnoxious to drive, though; almost frightening in some ways. We had one for awhile at a big Shell service station where I worked in the 1960s.)

'Cute as all get-out, though, to be sure:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The 63 Lark looks to be a Standard (note the Studebaker script on the front fender). The Hawk is either a 63 or 64. Even if the floors are shot, it still looks like it has some good useable sheet metal.

60 Lark convertible
            61 Champ
            62 Daytona convertible
            63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2)
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I kinda like the look of the paint on that lark! It almost looks like someone drove it too fast and the red started to peel off. Interesting.

Seeing that Citation reminded me of something: The guy that I bought my Lark from has a Grandfather who bought a 4 door one of those new back in 1981. I think it has about 30,000 miles on it and has been garaged its whole life. It looks brand new! It was funny, cause I saw it at a car show a couple of years back that I also had my Lark in,(they entered it just for kicks and giggles) and I was watching the reactions of the guys who were near it. I heard a lot of "What the H--- is that ugly thing doing here?" or, "Oh brother, why is that here?" As it was parked close to me, I sometimes would try to defend it by responding with something like this: "Yeah, but I'll bet you will never see one like it in this kind of shape anywhere, ever. It kind of makes it unique." All I would usually get was a 'poo poo' and a wave of a hand. Although one guy cocked his head to the side and said "You know, you may have a point, there."

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction.

Comment

The Rambler caught my eye...my dad gave me one when I was in grade 8 to 'learn' how to drive around my friend's farm...by the time we were finished with it we had destroyed first gear and burned out the clutch because we didn't bleed the brakes...no brakes...no problem, just downshift to first...no snycro in first,no problem, just ram it in first...wreck first gear, no problem just start in second...clutch smoking by starting in second, no problem...keep doing it...clutch baked, no problem, take the car to the junk yard...too bad, it was rust free, and straight. Mine was even white. Junior.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Funny you mention Econoline. You sent me out with my camera to share mine:

It's actually a 1966 Falcon Club Wagon, the top of the line. 6 auto. Runs very well, but haven't had it on the road in a couple years. It's done up real hippy-style with an arch built ahead of a bed behind the seat, brush paint job, and spray-bomb-painted Cragar SS mags[8D] Very solid and straight though. Behind it is a 64 Club Wagon, not running, totally rotted; but has the rare matching 2nd bench seat and the few bits the white one needed[^]

I haven't had time to mess with it, but hope to someday. I did try to sell the pair, but apparently they're worth more as scrap, so I'll keep it high and dry on that gravel until I can do something or somebody wants it/them.

At least they're safe from the crusher.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                  Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

Thought I recognized that Lark...

[img][/img]

I snapped it in June, 2006. Route 66 Arizona. Econoline door has disappeared. Some of the Stude's neighbors have changed. There is still an AMC product behind the Stude. Just a different one. There were other Studes there...

[img][/img]

Two on trailers in the background. And this one closer to the road...

[img][/img]

KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                    X