New "kid" on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "kid" on the block

Well, I am now 'officially' a genuine, card-carrying, proud owner of a Studebaker.

I just (barely) got in from driving my newly acquired 4sp '62 GT Hawk from Ontario to Iowa, before all the ice and snow really began to come down. Fifteen minutes, to be exact. Now its buried beneath a foot of snow. Howzat for "timing", I ask ya?

The Hawk looks good, runs good, and got a lot of comments and compliments along the way by folks who appreciate what a fine automobile the Studebaker Hawk is.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hello. I gotta a lot to learn about this car. My very first car was a '49 Studie.....now 50 yrs later, it looks as if my very last car will be a Studie as well.

Karl

Welcome aboard! Got any pics of your new jewel? [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MagikDraggin

Well, I am now 'officially' a genuine, card-carrying, proud owner of a Studabaker.
        ...Karl
        How about Stud E baker?

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
        Museum R-4 engine
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Well, I am now 'officially' a genuine, card-carrying, proud owner of a Studabaker.
          ...Karl
          How about Stud E baker?

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
          Museum R-4 engine
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Welcome! From who did you purchase the GT? I may know of your vehicle possibly.

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
            - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Welcome! From who did you purchase the GT? I may know of your vehicle possibly.

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
              - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

...Karl
                How about Stud E baker?
                Yep! I saw that right after clicking on the 'send' button. Didn't see anyway to edit the post, so I guess I will be forever burdened with the stigma of not knowing how to spell Studebaker, heh, heh, heh.

Edit: Hey...I just found the 'edit' button. My spelling error has now been corrected. Hopefully, the stigma can be lifted.

"Life is not greener on the other side of the fence.....I know, I've been over there and checked it out."

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

...Karl
                  How about Stud E baker?
                  Yep! I saw that right after clicking on the 'send' button. Didn't see anyway to edit the post, so I guess I will be forever burdened with the stigma of not knowing how to spell Studebaker, heh, heh, heh.

Edit: Hey...I just found the 'edit' button. My spelling error has now been corrected. Hopefully, the stigma can be lifted.

"Life is not greener on the other side of the fence.....I know, I've been over there and checked it out."

Comment

quote:Originally posted by FireHawk

Welcome! From whom did you purchase the GT? I may know of your vehicle possibly.
                    I purchased it from Bill Foy in Kingston, On.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by FireHawk

Welcome! From whom did you purchase the GT? I may know of your vehicle possibly.
                      I purchased it from Bill Foy in Kingston, On.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

_

Once the snow stops here and I can get it spiffied up some, pics will be forthcoming. You probably are already familiar with it though as I got it from club member Bill Foy over in Ontario way.

Thanks for the greeting.

While I'm thinking of it, anyone know what the capacity of the fuel tank is on this vehicle?

Karl

Edited: Here's a pic of my "new" Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

_

Once the snow stops here and I can get it spiffied up some, pics will be forthcoming. You probably are already familiar with it though as I got it from club member Bill Foy over in Ontario way.

Thanks for the greeting.

While I'm thinking of it, anyone know what the capacity of the fuel tank is on this vehicle?

Karl

Edited: Here's a pic of my "new" Hawk

Comment

Welcome to Studebaker land. You will find no better place for comradery an information.

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
                            64 Avanti R3w/NOS
                            88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

Welcome to Studebaker land. You will find no better place for comradery an information.

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
                              64 Avanti R3w/NOS
                              88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

Working...
                              X