NUTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUTS!

While replacing the trunk emblem on the Lark today, I lost a nut and screwed up a bolt&nut.

Lost in the trunk lid is one of the speed nuts that hold on the chrome ring assembly for the emblem. Anyone have an extra?

Then while removing the trunk catch (you have to remove it to get to the nut, which is the one I lost, the nut and bolt jammed together. I was able to get the assmebly out (I was trying another type of hex nut on the chrome ring - that didn't work) and back in on three bolts, but I need to replace that third nut/carriage bolt and aluminum tab. So again, if anyone has one of those, my hand is out, and I will gladly hand over my first born.

The only good thing to happen today was that I was given a can of Seafoam by a man up the street who used to have a Studebaker. He also gave me an airfilter that he had, never out of the box (Purolater). Between the the two, she certainly has perked up even more.

If nothing turns up I'll call SI, but I dread finding out that inorder to get the hardware I need to buy the assemblies and there is nothing wrong with whats allread there, I just would prefer not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

I would get replacement speed nuts at your local Lowe's, Home Depot, Hardware Store, or Auto Body Shop, they are standard items.

They are not sold with the emblem ring and probably not in stock at most Stude. Vendors.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:The only good thing to happen today was that I was given a can of Seafoam by a man up the street who used to have a Studebaker. He also gave me an airfilter that he had, never out of the box (Purolater). Between the the two, she certainly has perked up even more.
      I don't mean to change the topic, but what is Seafoam?[?]

Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Among other things it's a gasoline treatment for folks storing their cars for the winter, or lengthy body work/mechanical down time, Dylan.

Sea Foam makes the awesome Sea Foam Motor Treatment and other quality Sea Foam products for all types of gas and diesel engines! Trusted since 1942.

Comment

I have some speed nuts in stock.Can you post a picture for me to match uo to what I have?

Comment

Stu,
            If I read the parts book right (63 Lark) the nut is 3055X7 and the bold & clip is 3081X1. I can help with both those items (NOS). Drop me an email: dpson1954@comcast.net .

Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
            1961 Lark Crusier
            1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
            Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...