63 Wagonaire questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Wagonaire questions...

forgive my misspellings. I am a bit under the weather! Anyhow,I dropped the rear end out of my 63 Wagonaire tonight,and found it has 5 leaf rear springs installed. I was under the belief all wagons had 6 leafs per spring pack? True or false? I also have found the front spring eye is installed in a different hole side to side,which would explain the uneven set it has side to side. Does anyone have a rear shock part number I can use @ my local FLAPS? I also need a part number for the rear brake hose from the frame to rear axle.Thanks...Rich

1543003 is the Studebaker # for the rear brake hose from Stude. Vendors.

The front of the rear springs belong mounted in different holes in the bracket!

I believe it's right side higher, possibly for acceleration torque/rotation in that direction, or whatever. [:0]

Gabriel 82103 is the rear shock.

I think 6 leaves would be the optional H.D. Wagon Spring.
    4 leaves is Sedan, 5 is Wagon.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich.

Comment

Use the higher bolt hole on the right side, lower hole on the left side for left hand drive cars and left side upper hole position, lower on the right side for right hand drive cars. That would be for TT, or not. Same torque, same acceleration, IIRC.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Use the higher bolt hole on the right side, lower hole on the left side for left hand drive cars and left side upper hole position, lower on the right side for right hand drive cars. That would be for [u]TT,</u> or not. Same torque, same acceleration, IIRC.
          Did someone mention Twin Traction? [:0] [?]

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Also spring mounted that way to keep ride height more or less even as of uneven weight distributation. Driver's side: driver, battery starter, master cyclinger, pedals "etc" all adding to a bit more weight than on the passenger side.
            my 2 cents worth,
            Kim

Comment

Barnlark are you able to post a pic demonstrating what you are talking about. I want to make certain I did mine right. thank you

58 Packards
              62 & 63 Larks

Comment

see shop manual...

Comment

Working...
                X