Has RacingStudebakers Been Hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has RacingStudebakers Been Hacked?

The usual link takes me to a completely new page I've never seen with lots of Ford stuff on it.

Chris Pile
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Wondering the same.
    sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

I got the same. Either hacked or issues with the server/software. Give Sonny time and I'm sure it'll be up and running like nothing happened.

Best Regards,
      Eric West
      "The Speedster Kid"
      Sunny Northern California
      Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
      And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
      55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
      55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)
      Best Regards,
      Eric West
      "The Speedster Kid"
      Sunny Northern California
      Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
      And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
      55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
      55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

Comment

the pages I am seeing generally indicate that the domain registration has expired and another organization has the name (and is trying to sell it).

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
        53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

Nope, my domain registration isn't expired, nobody owns my domain name but me and I'm not sellin' anything. But I AM having problems with my old ISP. We're workin' on it! Thanks a million in advance for your patience.

Sonny
          http://RacingStudebakers.com
          Sonny

Comment

Crappola again, Sonny! Thanks so very much for staying on top of this. [8D]BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

good work. it seems to be back in action.

--george

53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

Thanks very much for getting it corrected
                Gary Olson

Comment

11:05 am Saturday 24th tested it and still going to incorrect website ....

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
                  sigpic
                  John
                  63R-2386
                  Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

It's up and runing.

Comment

Nope still getting a bogus website ....

John

sigpic
                      John
                      63R-2386

Comment

Thanks a million for the great comments guys, I really appreciate it! What we had was a completely avoidable situation with my "name server". When we switched ISPs, the place where the RacingStudebakers.com name is stored/available should have been transfered by and to the new ISP, but wasn't. We got it straightened out but what a frustrating deal it was. Even after it was corrected it takes about 24 hours for the internet to "propagate" (?spell?) the change of name servers. Grrrr....

In fact, when researching what the problem was, I discovered that an old ISP I'd canceled and transfered from, [u]two years ago</u>, was STILL charging me! Yep, RacingStudebakers was actually running on TWO ISPs, at the same time! They never canceled my account! DOUBLE Grrrrrr....

It never ends... I'm sorry and I just hope it wasn't too much aggravation for everybody. I HATE computers AND the internet! [][B)]

NOTE: If you're still getting the "bogus" website, please try clearing ALL of your browser's "cache", first. What you may actually be looking at is an old version that is stored in your computer cache so your browser works faster. However, your ISP has to upgrade/update their information intake, which may take 24 hours or more! Meaning that you will not be able to get access until they update.

The RacingStudebakers site is fixed, up and working fine, (for most). Thanks again for your patience!

Sonny
                        Sonny

Comment

[] As of 7AM EDT Sunday, April 25, 2010, Racing Studebakers was up and running fine through Internet Explorer.[^] [8D]BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[] As of 7AM EDT Sunday, April 25, 2010, Racing Studebakers was up and running fine through Internet Explorer.[^] [8D]BP
                            Yes ... finally worked for me this morning. Yesterday after deleting all my internet cookies, cache and history it still wasn't working, but this morning it seems OK. Thanks Sonny, it's appreciated.

John

sigpic
                            John
                            63R-2386

Comment

A little update... I discovered that I couldn't get on Racing Studebakers at home, myself! I'd just been on the racing forums at work, so I knew it had to be something at home. Well, I cleared the cache too, no luck. Called the ISP, who said that it would take at least 24 hours for the big changes that were made to "spread out" over the internet! Grrrr....

It seems that all servers don't update/upgrade in a timely manner. They update/upgrade only at certain times. That means if you still cannot get on RacingStudebakers it's because your ISP is sloooow, like mine was. I'm on now, (Sun PM), but the Jeffster, (Road Runner in GA), STILL can't get on!

Once again, very sorry guys. RacingStudebakers IS up and running fine, (for most), but I just don't have any control over this one...

Sonny
                              Sonny

Comment

Working...
                              X