Spotted at Hamilton Chapter April meeting...PIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted at Hamilton Chapter April meeting...PIX

These have been on here before, but one of 'em has undergone a bit of a change since '09...pix taken this past Sunday (April 18) at Mt.Hope airport where the chapter meetings usually are. We had six Studes present, four Lark-types and a pair of GT Hawks.

64 GT Hawk, a regular on the local scene since last September, but now running much better than it was then. It made a memorable grand entrance at a late-season cruise last fall in a great cloud of smoke. No smoke now. Owner is new to Studes and SDC, and it looks like he's going to be another "me", turning up all over the place in his Stude! (His name, natch, is "Steve"...)

The engine in the Hawk. It has some R1 components but is basically a straight 289.

This '62 Daytona HT has been a talking point on here before. Fred, the owner, arrived at CWH when I was already inside; he was talking about how cold it was driving out to Mt.Hope with the Skytop open. I thought he was joking, but...

...Brand-new Skytop from the same manufacturer who supplied Stude with the original ones in the early sixties. How cool is that.

This shot shows the custom interior to good effect too, including the wild "airplane control yoke" H-shaped steering wheel (based on the original wheel but with the top and bottom frames removed). Sometimes Fred and I park our Larks together...sure does make for a study in contrast!

Truth in advertising...

S.

love the interior...very cool, awesome contrast and colors. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Hope he has power-steering, where did he purchase the new Skytop from?
      Cheers Brian.

Brian Greenall
      Melbourne, OZ
      sigpic

Comment

I really like the '62. Great color combo and yes even the little bouncy balls all the way around. Love that skytop, very clean. Like Brian, wonder where he got it?

Mark

Comment

Brian/Mark--

I'll ask Fred next time I see him...he did say it was made by the same (German) outfit that made the originals for Stude, but I don't recall whether he mentioned where he got this specific unit.

S.

Comment

With the top open one need to watch the dingle barres blow away....

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Working...
            X