Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker dealer lighted parts stand (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker dealer lighted parts stand (pics)

Found one of these book stands at York a few years ago and it was in very poor condition, but the price was right. Over the winter I decided to sandblast, prime, paint and replace the light. It looked good but the glass was in bad shape, so I spent some money (more than I want to say)to reproduce the glass. It came out pretty good. Anyway, I had a few of these glass panels made and if anyone needs one of these for their stand, let me know.I also had the 4" red ball made which was originally on the back of the stand. This is not my business and I don't want to be in business but I do have a few of these if interested. Here's some pictures.The glass is one sided. I turned it around for the pictures. Also picture of the original glass.

Larry Y
    North Wales, PA
    Larry Y
    North Wales, PA

Hi Larry,

Nice! and other desirous emotions. Excuse my drooling......

Henry Votel
    Forest Lake, MN
    Henry Votel,
    Forest Lake, MN
    Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

That is really nice. I am also drooling! Beautiful!

Mark

Comment

How do you keep that space so clean????????
        My garage looks like a bomb went off in it!! But, slowly, I am re-installing parts back on my Avanti!!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

I have another garage not attached to the house and my wife is not allowed in there. This is her HGTV garage. I gotta put parental control on that HGTV channel. She's addicted.

Larry Y
          North Wales, PA
          Larry Y
          North Wales, PA

Comment

Very cool and remind me never to show you the inside of my garages,
            Any of them!

Dean.

Comment

Back when Larry started this thread I emailed him off-Forum about ordering one of these beautifully reproduced glass panels. His quote was amazingly low considering the effort and expense he put in to this project. Years ago I used to carry my parts book rack to York and such. One year I had it sitting on the ground and I managed to roll a tire into it- broke the glass and messed up the decal. I had checked with graphic arts firms about reproducing the decal (I would get the glass and install the decal). Cost and lack of confidence kept me from ever doing any thing about it.
              I filed Larry's email in a "to do" folder then kind of forgot about it. Last week I decided to act. He assured me the offer was still good so I sent him his price via PayPal. He shipped the next day and I got it a day later-extremely well packed. Even the box was unmarked. Today I installed it. Thumbnails are before and after.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I'm always jealous when I see a neat garage. Try as I may, my garage always looks cluttered even though I know where everything is.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                X