Early milestones for my '50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early milestones for my '50

1. Interior floor stripped and seats removed. (Well. such floor as there still is, anyway. Glad to see the recent discussion on repro floor pans.)

2. Engine and engine compartment cleaned.

3. New battery installed. Interior ceiling light works! The horn honks! Starter motor turns. (foot switch or motor doesn't seem to have steady contact when trying to start it.) (bright light indicator and tailights work, too. Every other bulb in the car seems to be burned out.)

4. Engine turns over and fires briefly on the starting fluid sprayed into the carb. (The "fuel system" which currently consists of a 5 quart bottle with gas in it, sitting next to the radiator, and a plastic tube to the fuel pump, apparently still needs a little work. [)] )

What a thrill to hear it run for the first time!

Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

[img] [/img]
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Yes, always a thrill when it runs for the first time after a long hibernation. Your story about the lights reminds me about trying the lights on my '54 the first time it had a battery installed in 30 years. For some reason, I had lights on one side of the car only, and not the other! [xx(] Don't remember which side it was anymore. Best thing of that was, the problem fixed itself!

Comment

Yes, always a thrill when it runs for the first time after a long hibernation. Your story about the lights reminds me about trying the lights on my '54 the first time it had a battery installed in 30 years. For some reason, I had lights on one side of the car only, and not the other! [xx(] Don't remember which side it was anymore. Best thing of that was, the problem fixed itself!

Comment

Working...
      X