Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packard Hawk interior paint color (pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk interior paint color (pictures)

My cousin painted the body of my pH last week and it really looks good. We are now trying to figure out the color of the interior metal and dash. Looks kind of pink right now. Looking on the back of the interior window trim, it appears to be more tan like the steering wheel and seat frame. Any body have any experience with this? Thanks, I've gotten a lot of help from this forum.

Larry Y
    North Wales, PA
    Larry Y
    North Wales, PA

The interior colours on your PH appear to be identical to my untouched PH. I would trust the front colour over the back colour, and yes, the window trim matches the dash sides which match the interior vent door.

If you are repainting, you may find some of the unfaded original colour underneath one of the front trims when you take it off.

Looks good - good luck.

For got to add: before you put the window in, pull the headliner tight through the opening - then install the glass with stainless and glass in the rubber.

Comment

Larry,
      That is looking great! I can't wait to see it all finished!

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Comment

Waiting for new headliner. Anxious to install so I can get the windows back in. Thanks.

Larry Y
        North Wales, PA
        Larry Y
        North Wales, PA

Comment

That is looking good. The Parchment white with the White Gold top was the second most popular color combination. I have one in that color. The PACKARD on the glove box is not original but the trim color appears to be an original color.

Mike

Comment

What is the color code or modern replacement color for the 58 PH interior pieces?
            64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Mine has a Packard script on the glovebox as well. Not original - but I kinda like it. I dont know the color my interior was painted, but it sure looks good (and close) The shop's number that painted mine is 419-690-0348 ask for Terry, he can give you the color code.
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by larryyano View Post
                My cousin painted the body of my pH last week and it really looks good. We are now trying to figure out the color of the interior metal and dash. Looks kind of pink right now. Looking on the back of the interior window trim, it appears to be more tan like the steering wheel and seat frame. Any body have any experience with this? Thanks, I've gotten a lot of help from this forum.
                I posted an interior photo of one here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=thursday It is that tan color. In 1963, that shade of tan was called 'Luggage Tan'. Whether it is the exact same or not, I'm not sure

Comment

Working...
                X