Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry Bob Palma, your Daytona convertible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Bob Palma, your Daytona convertible...

...is now probably the ONLY one with a single exhaust. I bit the bullet last fall and had Don Simmons bring me a duals set for my '64 Daytona convertible. I put it on yesterday and today. Got rid of the awful, ill-fitted, rattling muffler shop exhaust system I had. I found that they compensated for one hanger not reaching the pipe joint by installing a 2"x2"x1" piece of wood between the hanger and the frame.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Well, you have to be known for something, I guess...even my 180 HP Daytona 4-door has duals on it![8][}] The convertible would have them, too, if the exhaust needed replacement.

Congrats on the duals, Paul. Are the tail pipes curved up, then down right at the bumper, per original, or straight out? [8D]BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think Don runs his tail pipes straight; would be sweet if he bent the bump.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Dave T-bow had my 64' ragtop pipes made up with the perfect bends out the rear...really made the difference in a nice car....

Comment

I've got a Don Simmons system on my '63; the ends turn up, then down, just like the factory set up (though I am running oversized pipes.

Eric DeRosa

'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
          '63 R2 Lark (barely surviving)
          Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
          \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Well, you have to be known for something, I guess...even my 180 HP Daytona 4-door has duals on it![8][}] The convertible would have them, too, if the exhaust needed replacement.

Congrats on the duals, Paul. Are the tail pipes curved up, then down right at the bumper, per original, or straight out? [8D]BP
            Like this?

See this thread for the story-

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:
              Like this?
              Oh man, that's sweet. Ain't it great to have somebody do a clean, professional job of something you'll notice even if nobody else will?

On a related note: Do y'all have, or know of, or have any interest in putting together, a Daytona registry - either J/L only or all bodies?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
              In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
              If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

edited for coding fup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Like this?

Sweet indeed, Paul; just perfect, IMHO [8D]BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X