Radiator overflow location????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator overflow location????

Is this the correct Radiator overflow for my 57 President Sedan?

part# 800183

Where does it go ? Any pictures please
    1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

If you are referring to a radiator overflow tank, I don't believe Studebaker ever used one. That part number doesn't show up in any of my books.

Terry

Comment

Thee correct overflow location is the ground, driveway, parking lot, garage floor, or road. LOL
      " The Devil made me do it"

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

Radiator overflow tanks did not become common standard equipment until the 1970s, when air conditioning became commonplace. Aftermarket overflow tanks have been available since the 1940s, especially for trucks.

BTW, part numbers in the 8xxxxx series are not original Studebaker numbers. They are reproductions made by vendors like SASCO and Studebaker International. They will fit and work just fine, but differ in some way from the original or (as in this case) are intended for use on a vehicle not originally so equipped.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

The original overflow hose drains into or next to the lower right side of the radiator saddle. There is a hole on the bottom of the saddle to drain to the ground.

Overflow systems use a sealed Radiator Cap. Originals did not.

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Got it, I guess I will just buy an aftermarket overflow tank and place it where I can. Thank you guys
            1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

Comment

Working...
            X