Phil Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Brown

In December of 1984 Phil and I caught a flight out of South Bend to LA to drive 2 cars back to the Studebaker Museum that were donated by Mr. Jack Amundson of Oxnard California. We were the guests of Ed Reynolds for a couple of days and visited John and Betty Myers in Culver City and Lester Schmidt in San Diego. We arrived home New Years Day 1985.

The vehicles were eventually sold. The pickup truck now belongs to Chuck Kern of Martinsville, Ind. I will always remember what a great time we had.

Mike Lenyo

img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r58/bunnyohare1/mspg.jpg[/img]

That is a nice memory and thanks for sharing! Without question Phil was a dedicated Stude guy and had family support behind him. Amazing how some guys give so much to the hobby without excepting recognition. Ed

Comment

Very cool, Mike!

Did you guys encounter any bad weather driving the vehicles back east at that time of year?

Chuck Kern certainly enjoys the truck. Do you know what became of the '66 Commander?

'Nice to have a happy post about Phil at this time. Thank you. [8D]BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

WSBT just had a segment about Phil on the 10:00 news from the SNM with Andy and Redecca. Tried to find a link on their website but it was not there yet. It was real moving!!

59 Lark Regal 2Dr Hardtop
        51 Champion 2Dr Sedan
        27 Ford Roadster
        Harleys, Mustangs and other Goodies
        59 Lark Regal 2Dr Hardtop
        51 Champion 2Dr Sedan
        27 Ford Roadster
        Harleys, Mustangs and other Goodies

Comment

Gary: WSBT now has the video linked for those who want to see it. Nicely done:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you, Bob. "More than he promised." They got me.

That should be a funeral procession for the ages.

Comment

What a wonderful tribute done by WSBT. "More than he promised" got to me, too.

John Waddell
              Omaha, NE

Comment

The Truck is the Yellow Stakebed Champ that was on display at the SNM right?

If it is one and the same, when pics of it in the Museum were posted recently I mentioned it was Jack's.

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bob, thanks for posting the link. I have passed it on to as many Keystoners as I had email addresses for and asked them to forward to all of their Studebaker friends.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

The Truck is the Yellow Stakebed Champ that was on display at the SNM right?

If it is one and the same, when pics of it in the Museum were posted recently I mentioned it was Jack's.

StudeRich
                    Yes, Rich; same truck. Chuck has had it several years. Here it is on display in the "Award-Winning" 2010 Indianapolis World of Wheels car show in February:

Given Phil Brown's involvement getting that truck back to Indiana from California, I'm sure he would be glad to have it posted within one of his T T (Tribute Topics, not Twin Traction this time!) [8D]BP

Comment

Working...
                    X