Who makes the best outside sun visor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the best outside sun visor?

I'm thinking about buying one for my '50 Champion and have checked the web sites of a couple of companies that makes them. Has anyone here purchased an aftermarket one and, if so, are you happy with it? I was also considering fender skirts so I could get them painted at the same time as the visor. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Try "Big Jims", Whitney Texas. I bought Skirts for my '55 and was well pleased.

Comment

Big Jim uses fiberglass for both the visor and fender skirts and Skirts & Visors uses 20 gauge steel. Big Jim's is a one piece visor and S&V is a 3 piece adjustable visor. What's better-steel or fiberglass and 3 piece or one piece? [?][?][?]

Comment

Not sure how to answer that, The fiberglass skirts are fine for my car but haven't used a visor.

Comment

I did a search for "visor" in the title and found a comment from "Studebakerjeff" in WV from April 2007 who said that Big Jim's sent him the wrong visor for his '50 Champion and he had to pay the freight to send it back to Texas in order to get a refund. Why should he have to pay to return it if they sent him the wrong one? He's probably out at least $100 from paying for shipping both ways when he didn't do anything wrong. I'm going to avoid Big Jim's if they make their customers pay for their mistakes and you guys should too.

Does anyone else sell visors besides Big Jim and Skirts & Visors?

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/y5fyehq

Comment

Working...
            X