Studebaker Natl Museum Press Release: Phil Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Natl Museum Press Release: Phil Brown

The following Press Release was issued this afternoon by Becky Bonham, Executive Director of The Studebaker National Museum:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Studebaker National Museum Mourns Loss of Trustee and Volunteer Phil BrownPhil BrownMark McDonnell Rebecca J. BonhamCindy
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Terribly sorry to hear of Phil's loss. He was a great supporter of the Studebaker hobby. Our prayers go out to his family.
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Long Island Studebaker Club
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Thank you, Bob.

Comment

Reading this and all the posts in the other thread it occurs to me: What a wonderful legacy Phil has built. He has touched so many lives, and all so positively; and the above release chronicles an impressive list of accomplishments serving his chosen marque. It's easy to see from these things that Phil Brown was a top-quality person in all aspects of his life.

To me, the ultimate goal is to leave the world a better place for one's having been part of it. It was time for him to go home to his well-earned reward, and of course that brings deep sadness to those he left behind. But that sadness is proof of a life well-lived.

Would that we could all leave such a wonderful legacy.

RIP, Mr. Brown. Wish I could have known you better. We'll catch up when we meet again.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
        Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

Very nicely said Bams!

Thank you.

Mark

Comment

Phil was one of the very first Studebaker contacts I made back in 1979. I was a sixteen year old kid who most thought was only in this thing for a passing fancy. Phil was Chapter President back then, and he stood out to me because he took me seriously, and he was genuinely warm and responsive to my interests. His level headed, and cool under pressure leadership style served all involved very well. I will miss him terribly.

One of the special things he and Cindy did for me was take time to give me a ride in their 1964 Daytona Convertible, I think while I was helping with the 1983 Meet. That was my first ever convertible ride, and I won't ever forget it.

I have co-workers who know Phil and Cindy and their family outside of the Studebaker World. They share in our sadness and deep sense of loss. Many thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Brown Family.

Comment

Bob glad to see we were both had the same thoughts and posted the press Release. That way more people wil see it.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Here's the WSBT video link of the TV news item Monday evening. Nicely done:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This was a shock to hear. I first met Phil in 1993 during the 30th anniversary Avanti meet in South Bend. He led one of the tours I went on and had great knowledge to share. Because we both worked in printing we struck up a conversation at some point during the week and many times since then. I always looked forward to visiting with him at meets and he will truely be missed. My condolences go out to Cindy for her loss.

Steve Grant
                  a.k.a. the Madd Doodler

Kinzua Region Chapter
                  1881 Grain Wagon
                  1951 Champion Starlight
                  1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
                  1963 Daytona 2 dr htp
                  Over 500 Studebaker toys
                  Steve Grant
                  madd_doodler@yahoo.com
                  a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
                  www.madddoodler.com
                  Kinzua Region Chapter
                  1881 Grain Wagon
                  Late 1800s Spindle Seat Buggy
                  1955 Conestoga
                  1959 Lark 2 dr sdn

Comment

I never had the pleasure.

Perhaps the best way to pay tribute to him is to adopt his passion and carry it forward.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Working...
                    X