PDA

View Full Version : how do fog lights mount on a '52



bradnree
02-22-2007, 07:43 AM
how and where do fog lights mount on a '52 Commander, and do you have the mounts....Brad

StudeRich
02-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I would think, not too many people will be happy to destroy their very rare $500.00 Studebaker AC kit to sell you only the brackets!


quote:Originally posted by bradnee

how and where do fog lights mount on a '52 Commander, and do you have the mounts....Brad


StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

starlightchamp
02-22-2007, 05:56 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/399166683_99a3a3d07e.jpg

I think the placement on a 52 would be near the same as the 1950.
I made my brackets by using a soft steel 1/8" thick strap and bending with a vise.
The bend must have a slight twist to get the mount surface right. Not a hard project
with only a good vise ,hacksaw, and power drill needed.(and a curse or two)
Photo of mount in next reply.

1950 Champion Starlight
1963 Hawk GT
Santa Barbara
CA
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/368321841_7d3a05da00_t.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/367175252_40e3cec1d9_t.jpg

starlightchamp
02-22-2007, 06:00 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/399166687_0df7591222.jpg
Others may have a better idea of the 52 location but this may help.

1950 Champion Starlight
1963 Hawk GT
Santa Barbara
CA
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/368321841_7d3a05da00_t.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/367175252_40e3cec1d9_t.jpg

bradnree
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
The AC brackets double as fog light holders ??????.....Brad
quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

I would think, not too many people will be happy to destroy their very rare $500.00 Studebaker AC kit to sell you only the brackets!


quote:Originally posted by bradnee

how and where do fog lights mount on a '52 Commander, and do you have the mounts....Brad


StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

52 Ragtop
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
52 Fog Lamp brackets are completely different from the picture! There are brackets that mount to one of the upper grille bar bolts, and then a hole needs to be drilled in the lower grille bar. I have a set of brackets, but, I'm VERY reluctent to drill a hole in my lower grille bar. But, I won't part with them either! Only set I've seen in the last 15 years.
I'll dig them out over the weekend, and post a picture.

Jim

StudeRich
02-22-2007, 10:41 PM
No, all Studebaker Accessories are called ACXXXX (part number), most people know Studebaker accessories by that. A Studebaker AC Kit is an accessory. They all come complete including hardware, brackets, mounting templates & instructions, and most are the rarest of the rare, 55 years later!


quote:Originally posted by bradnree

The AC brackets double as fog light holders ??????.....Brad


StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

bradnree
02-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks.....appreciate the photo....Brad
quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

52 Fog Lamp brackets are completely different from the picture! There are brackets that mount to one of the upper grille bar bolts, and then a hole needs to be drilled in the lower grille bar. I have a set of brackets, but, I'm VERY reluctent to drill a hole in my lower grille bar. But, I won't part with them either! Only set I've seen in the last 15 years.
I'll dig them out over the weekend, and post a picture.

Jim

rkapteyn
02-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Jim
I would appreciate if you posted a picture of the 1952 foglight brackets.
I have a lot of brackets like that for different years but no numbers to see which is what.
R.Kapteyn

John Kirchhoff
02-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Starlitechamp, your beautiful Stude appears to be parked on kitchen linoleum. I guess if I had one that looked that good, I'd bring it into the house too!

starlightchamp
02-24-2007, 07:43 PM
John, Thank you for the compliment. The tile was put down, in the garage, by yours truly in 1973 using
the cheapest 12" x12" asphalt tile I could buy. It still is in good shape after all those years of driving
on and off it.
Starlightchamp (alias Dick Curtis)