Phil Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Brown

April 11, 2010. It is with deep sadness We announce that Phil Brown of Osceola Indiana passed away due to a car accident while driving his '67 Avanti. Phil was a long time member of the SDC. He and his wife Cindy chaired several National Meets that were held in South Bend, Indiana. Phil was a member of the Studebaker National Museum Board. Many will remember Phil at many swap meets with his booth selling Studebaker parts. Our prayers go out to Cindy, Liz and Bruce and their family at this time.

Mike and Fran Lenyo

img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r58/bunnyohare1/mspg.jpg[/img]

What a shock! Phil and Cindy were great people and wonderful ambassadors for our clubs! Phil will really be missed. Are there any thoughts of a possible memorial service during the Spring Swap... either at the SNM or the fairgrounds?

duane miller

Comment

On behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter, my condolences to the Phil's family.
      I took the liberty to reinsert the picture that Mike and Fran Lenyo posted.

Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 Dr Wagon
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

A huge loss to the Studebaker family, but a much greater loss for his family. Wishing them strength in this time of grief.

Comment

Was shocked to hear about Phils death. Am deeply sadded. My heartfelt sympathy to the family.
          Dave Balek

"63 R1493 3sp.O/D

Comment

Phil WILL be greatly missed! I never saw him without a big smile! RIP Phil

Jim & Jody
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

My condolences to Cindy.

I have known Phil since the early 1970s. We worked on many SDC and SNM items together. Phil and I were both Directors on the SDC Board from 1985-1989.

Phil gave a tremendous amount of time to the SDC and the SNM. To me, to give of ones available time is a bigger gift than giving dollars.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The Studebaker Community is a close knit group. Many of us loved and respected Phil for all of his tireless work not only for the Museum but for the Studebaker Community in general. We hsve lost a Studebaker Hero and one who will be dearly missed. Diana and I are keeping his family in our prayers.

To me personally there was only and ever will be one Phil Brown and as I type I cry for this loss to our community.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                X