prayers needed for Phil Brown, SDC member,SoBend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prayers needed for Phil Brown, SDC member,SoBend

Heard a vehicle crash over the Police scanner this afternoon.Multiple roll over with driver ejection. Driver was bleeding from the ear and in and out of it.They called for the air ambulance. WNDU news showed a gold Studebaker Avanti . The location was about a mile from Phil Brown's house. At this point,the ER won't release any information other than he is in there. Please pray for him.This was a serious accident.

Done!

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Phil and his family.

sigpic

Comment

We just heard that Phil has passed away.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to say, I just received a call (7:15 PM Sunday, April 11) from Andy Beckman, Archivist at The Studebaker National Museum, who confirmed that Phil Brown has expired as a result of the accident.[V]

The following link to The South Bend Tribune may be updated from time to time:

BP

(edited to delete the smiley at the beginning of the post; this is hardly worthy of a smiley.)

I honestly don't know when I did not know Phil and Studebakers as being one and the same. Prayers, happy memories, and condolences are tendered to Cindy and their children.

We've lost more than another Studebaker landmark in South Bend, to be sure. RIP, Phil.
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Just got a call that Mr. Brown did not survive his accident. Please keep his family in your prayers. He went out of his way to help me recently,and I never got the chance to thank him in person. This sucks...

Comment

Just got the news. He will be greately missed.[V]

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
              Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
              1963 Prototype moon cart built by Studebaker.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

We have known Phil and Cindy since the early 80s. Our prayers are with the family and we will miss Phil at the many Stude gatherings.
                Brian and Aleta Millette

Comment

Wow! what a loss Phil was a GREAT GUY! and a big asset and a good friend to the Stude hobby! It is sad to loose another member of the Stude family and our prayers are with his family. Ed,Cyndi and Eddie jr George.

Comment

So terrible to hear. I may have met him but mixed up the name. Can someone post a picture?

RIP and God Speed.[V]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                    Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

My son and I were just at Phil's yesterday. I had to return a part and took the Lark out for him to check out. We had a great conversation and my son got a chance to see his Avanti up close, they were both grinning over it!! Phil was a great guy, very wise to Studebaker parts and service. He was always pleasent to be around. I will miss him, as I sure all that know him will too. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..

Comment

Ellen and I wish to extend to Phil's family our condolences and prayers. He will be missed by the museum and the SDC as a whole.

Comment

Have known Phil and his Wife for many years. A GREAT guy lost way to early. Our prayers go out to his Wife and family.

toyman

Comment

The Studebaker Community is a close knit group. Many of us loved and respected Phil for all of his tireless work not only for the Museum but for the Studebkaer Community in general. Today we lost a Studebaker Hero and one who will be dearly missed. Diana and I will keep his family in our prayers.

To me personally there was only and ever will be one Phil Brown and as I type I cry for this loss to our community.

sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Few things in life bring tears to your eyes quicker than the loss of a loved one.

Phil was a tireless worker who had an everlasting love of all things Studebaker. Always ready to talk Studebakers and to lend a helping hand to anyone who needed it, Phil was a priceless resource to Keystone Region in our planning for the Lancaster meet in 2008.

May God be with you, Phil. We miss you...

Comment

Working...
                              X