61 Lark parts car pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark parts car pictures

Here are some pics of a 61 parts car I picked up yesterday. 259/2bbl,3 speed w/OD,
    manual brakes and steering. I believe this was owned by someone in South Bend @ one time. It has a old Michiana chapter SDC sticker on the windshield. It was a daily driver till 10 years ago. Looks like it had ignition trouble someone couldn't figure out.The new coil and fubar ignition wireing led me to that conclusion.The car shows 56,XXXmiles on the odometer. The 259 turns over freely,but won't fire.

Yes it has both fender skirts.They would need a little metal work around the latch area to be useable. Are those a factory option? Or a J.C. Whitney special?
    I am kind of waiting on one guy to make up his mind if he wants the whole car before I decide to shoot it in the head.The trunk,floor and pass side door post are shot. It was sitting in a marshy area the past 10 years. What a shame.

Cool beans, Rich.

Hey, is that a Snider Studebaker / Indianapolis dealer tag on the rear panel? It sure looks like it; my old hangout! If it is, would you please pry it off for me when you part the car? I'd like to have one.

That's the dealership that delivered The Plain Brown Wrapper to cousin George, but the tag would weigh too much for George to put it on the car. Besides, Snider ran out of them sometime in 1962 and didn't use them after that time.

Thanks. [8D]BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It is yours Bob. That car came out of So West Indianapolis.

Comment

This appears to be a six that was converted to a V8. What do the serial number and body tag indicate? Also a Deluxe with the Regal grille ring.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You got a few emails from me BTW. Would you like to add this car to my registry?

Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Will the tail lights lens and back mounting buckets for the lens fit on a two door 60 lark? If thay will and you want to sell them im in need of them for my 60.If I can get them for a caso price..

Comment

The '61 Tail light housings only fit if you plug the bulb socket holes in the corner of your '60 rear fender and drill new ones in the rear panel. Then when you buy replacement lenses you will pay more for '61's.

You REALLY have WANT '61 Tail Lights to do this. [:0]
              Most people were going the other way ('60's on '61) until the reproduction '61 lenses became available, to avoid the really high price of the few NOS '61 Lenses that were left. [:0]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

And that is very nice to have now, the reproductions. I personally am partial to these lenses, maybe I'm biased. [)] They really are quite pretty all lit up at night! [8D]

Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene

Will the tail lights lens and back mounting buckets for the lens fit on a two door 60 lark? If thay will and you want to sell them im in need of them for my 60.If I can get them for a caso price..

What do you need, Gene? I may have what you need lying around that are caso driver level. Are yours rusted out or missing?

Comment

Dang, I wish we were closer.. I'd love that engine & tranny!

Comment

Is that car 'Seamist Green'? (a '61 Spring color that is a recycled '59 Spring color), or is it a hopelessley faded out Green Jade? The sticker may still be attached to the underside of the glove compartment.

Craig

Comment

It looks like seamist to me (At least in this monitor); a very pretty color! [8D]

Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Dang. That car needs this one.

Or is it the other way around?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                          Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Dang. That car needs this one.

Or is it the other way around?
                            ....funny that was the first thing I thought, there is your roof Bob!

Jon Krimm
                            1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

Hi the 60 I have did not come with tail light assemblies, It's a roller no motor or trans needs lots of work to do on this one, I do like the looks of the 61 tail lights. Thanks Gene..

Comment

Working...
                              X