What year is this Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is this Stude

I'm sorting through a bunch of stude stuff my father gave me and I can't figure this one out...I have a Studebaker Owner Protection Service book and it's for Studebaker serial number C117613, Commander, Executive Blue in color delivered on Feb.28 1966...what year of Studebaker does this belong to...makes no sense to me because my father never owned a Stude that would have been delivered anywhere close to 1966. I asked my Dad, but he can't remember when, why, or where he would get this...any ideas...a delivery date of of Feb.28.66 seems very late in Studebaker history, but I thought Stude's were never referred to as "Commanders" in 1966 were they? I'm confused. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Commander returned as a model name in 1964, when the Lark name was dropped. C-117613 was a 1965 Commander with 6-cylinder engine, and was built in Hamilton.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks so much Skip, I'm going to have to call my Dad and see if this jogs his memory because it sure does't do anything for my memory. Too bad I don't have the car this book belongs to...if I did I'd build a roadrace type car like Roadrace Lark's. Junior.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Executive Blue is a very dark blue and was used in 1965 and 1966. It is even darker than the 1964 Stato Blue. The name 'Executive Blue' was used in 1965, and was renamed 'Richelieu Blue' for 1966.

Craig

Comment

Working...
        X